cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 45

Re: Hybrid Connect - attaching additional antennas

Go to solution

Hi Casaschi,

That's interesting!  As you'll see from my comments in this thread, I've had a few ups and downs with the signal strength too. 

Unfortunately, I'm not really sure - but my best guess is that the reported signal strength isn't a 'live' value  (like our mobile phones show when you look at how much signal you've got at that exact second).  Instead, I think it shows the average signal strength over a longer period of time (perhaps hours or even days) to give you an idea of what the signal strength will be if you leave your Hybrid Connect in that location.  I think that makes sense for a device that most people will find a suitable location for and then leave it there for years.

Perhaps the Hybrid Connect detected that something had changed (i.e. the signal materially changed after the antennas were inserted) and so it reset the average signal strength value and started to gather the data to calculate it again.  I imagine it would eventually settle on an average signal strength similar to what it was before you inserted the antennas.

Quite why the signal got worse when you inserted the antennas though, I don't know.  Perhaps they were just a bad / broken set from the supplier?

Hope it gets back down to -94db for you!

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 45

Go to solution

Are you all using two antenna to boost the signal? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 45

Go to solution

I only had one bar since I got The hybrid system, so decided to try a cheap set of antenna form eBay, no changed at all, some one mentioned -110 was the worst he had seen, mine -117,  was worth a try, but I think I will just bin them .

Message 34 of 45

Go to solution

Tried some cheap antennas from amazon hoping to gain 10dB or so... but got no gain at all; a pair of antennas even made the signal worse. Keeping the device without antennas at the moment. I might rather look for a better position for the device when the line failure time comes...

Message 35 of 45

Go to solution

I have just got one bar in my hybrid connect and orange showing in the bt hub. No internet at all. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 45

Go to solution
The path is still correct on My BT android version nearly one year later. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 37 of 45

Go to solution

Hello , yes they do supply antenna's as they did for me , but still stuck with the red flashing  lights on EE router 

Graham

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 45

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I am still on one bar in spite of additional antennas.

BT is yet to sort it out with their other branch EE who manages the show for the Hybrid Connect!

The main issue I feel is a poor signal in some areas and lack of towers and building construction which blocks the mobile

signal in flats.

I hope BT will come out with a solution!

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 45

Go to solution

Just added an external antenna and gone from -98db to -90db, still only 2 bars. Anyone know what it needs to be to get 3 bars?

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 45

Go to solution

Every time I get the red ring, using a pen and setting it back to default settings gets rid of it.

0 Ratings