cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 45

Re: Hybrid Connect - attaching additional antennas

Go to solution

Had a  similar problem with hybrid unit -107 db signal, on the off chance I wondered if trying the other side of the house just to test the EE signal would work but not expecting to be able to connect to SM2 30 ft away., Anyway to my pleasant surprise the hybrid unit connected via one of the BT wifi mesh disks in same room - signal strength now -91 db and no need to buy external antennae. It seems you do not need an ethernet connection or to be very close to the SM2 for the connection to work, just a strong wifi signal.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 45

Go to solution

52C82A89-3F8D-4FC5-A0DA-F2E1C14C1E13.jpeg

I just got the Hybrid Connect (Halo3+). My connection was two bars (96dMb+), good but not excellent. I purchased a couple of SMA antennas on Amazon: “Andven 4G LTE Antenna, SMA Male 10dBi Omni-directional External Antenna for 4G Router Trail Camera Mini PCIE Card - Black (2 Pack)”. I also pointed the device at the closest cell mast (using cellmapper dot net to find it), and played around with antenna position - went with both straight up. I’m now getting 91 dMb or less. Right now (which I assume is a low congestion time - Saturday morning) I’m getting 86 dMb. The icing on the cake, the status colour code has changed from green/good to blue/excellent in the BT app  

Message 43 of 45

Go to solution
Hi, which area are u based? My area is all **bleep**. I tried the external antenna but I am still on 1 Bar. If I open the window and move the hybrid out it jumps to 2 bars! Bring it in and close the window back to Bar 1. BT has no solution for my area. Left it.
0 Ratings
Message 44 of 45

Go to solution

So I recently got the EE router, but I already use an external antenna for my home office and use a 4g connection from another provider. Question is, can I use the EE hybrid router instead of my 4g router for work? Are there any usage restrictions? My BT broadband runs at about 2mbs but my 4g runs at 30+ but I am spending an additional £20 per month for that sim card. So would like to use the EE as my work one. Any advice greatly received.

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 45

Go to solution

Hi @Bbob73 

You can’t use the Hybrid Connect router for anything other than a redundancy for a normal BT broadband connection with Halo.

When it kicks in, EE 4G speed is also capped at 30Mbps download and 5 upload. 

The only way you would get any benefit from both together is if you were on a BT ADSL business line. In that scenario, the same setup is “bonded” so your connection uses both the ADSL and 4G bandwidth.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings