cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickTaplin
Beginner
Message 1 of 47

I can't use the Whole Home App

I have just set up my Whole Home discs, and they appear to working properly (I can connect and view them via mybtdevice.home, and I have switched off the WiFI on the Home Hub and am now getting excellemt coverage all over the house including in previous dead spots.

My problem is that while I was setting it up there was a problem with the App and so I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and now all it wants to do is go through the setup process from scratch.  The only way to do that is to disconnect the discs and start again, but if I do that it just says 'Your Network is not responding' as soon as I get to the screen where I have to name disc 1.  So if I ignore that and just plug them in again, they all work fine (and via the web interface I can rename the discs etc) but I have no means of telling the App that my network is set up and I would like to just start to use it.

Can anyone help?  Without the app many of the features I want (like switching off the internet for my kids) are not available, but there seems to be no way to install it without going through a setup process which doesn't work (I've deleted and reinstalled the app and factory reset all discs in order to try to start with a blank canvas).

0 Ratings
46 REPLIES 46
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 47

Re: I can't use the Whole Home App

Hi @NickTaplin

Are you using the iOS or Android app?

If you contact the helpdesk at btconnectedhome@bt.com you can send the system log files over which may help us identify why this is happening.

Have you been able to try again via a different handset to see if the problem still happens on that too?

Community ModeratorDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
NickTaplin
Beginner
Message 3 of 47

Thanks for the reply Dan - I have tried both Android and iOS apps.  I'll try calling the Whole Home helpline now it's open and post a solution if they find one

Thanks again

Nick

0 Ratings
Highlighted
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 47

Looks like your problem is same as mine - read my post under the thread “BT WholeHome WiFi App - Cannot connect with New Phone”
0 Ratings
NickTaplin
Beginner
Message 5 of 47

Yes, it looks similar, though in my case the setup is brand new. 

It actually walked me through the initial setup fine, but having encountered issues after the first firmware update, all connectivity via the app is now impossible (including if I do a factory reset) - I can't now use the app with it at all.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 6 of 47

@NickTaplin wrote:

Yes, it looks similar, though in my case the setup is brand new. 

It actually walked me through the initial setup fine, but having encountered issues after the first firmware update, all connectivity via the app is now impossible (including if I do a factory reset) - I can't now use the app with it at all.

Hi @NickTaplin

Can you try the following?

1. Connect 1 disc to your router with Ethernet and wait for a solid blue LED. Ensure other discs are off.

2. Press the reset button for 1 second and the LED will go off and solid purple (if it doesn't, wait 15 seconds and try again)

3. Wait for the disc to return to solid blue

4. Delete the app from your phone/tablet and restart it. Then reinstall the app from the store

5. Launch the app and confirm the "Get Started" screen is shown

Can you confirm if you see the error message after doing this and if so, what is the exact wording of the error message?

Community ModeratorDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
NickTaplin
Beginner
Message 7 of 47

@Dan-O, thanks, I will try that as soon as I get a chance this evening and let you know

Thanks

Nick

0 Ratings
Howellsw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 47

I have had the same/similar issue.  All 4 of my discs are working perfectly around the house but the app says my network is not responding.  Have you tried accessing via the web interface?  I can access this way but still don’t see any of my discs.   Very frustrating but as everything else is working, I haven’t bothered to ring the help desk yet

0 Ratings
FraserP
Message 9 of 47

This is driving me mad. I can see the wifi on my devices but when i log into the App it says i am not connected to the whole home system. My settings on the device say i am. eventually i found that if i reboot the first of 3 disks the system temporaly corrects itself but next day it happens again. I have all the latest updates and when the sustem is working, it seems to work well but this is so frustrating!

0 Ratings
NickTaplin
Beginner
Message 10 of 47

I can see the discs in my web interface, yes, and I can change some of the settings but I can't get into the app at all to control the system.  I'm going to try another restart with a different install of the app on a completely new device, see if that makes a difference...

0 Ratings