Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Howellsw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 47

Re: I can't use the Whole Home App

Hi Dan

Yes, I have rebooted the troublesome disc and as far as I know it (and the other three discs) are all back on line.  The trouble now is that the App does not interface with the discs (saying they are all off line when I know that is not the case).  Even browsing to the discs only provides limited information.  So, it seems that after this latest update, we are back in the ridiculous position of not being able to interact with the discs or do anything useful.  

Here is a screen shot from the App - great WiFi signal but the App thinks system is off line67D4BA12-8B60-4661-8B86-018941F07A76.jpeg

Regards

Steve

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 42 of 47

The discs may all need a cold boot (physical power switch and back on) after the upgrade for all the fixes to take affect.
Highlighted
Howellsw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 47

Genius Dan, thanks for the advice. Operating the physical switch on the back of each disc in turn has indeed returned everything to normal and everything now works perfectly. I am very grateful to you for the advice
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 44 of 47

Excellent, thanks for letting me know!

Dan-O

simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 47

Excellent news.

After almost two months pleased to report my IOS iPhone App is now working as before.

Steps I took:

1. Removed the App from my iPhone.

2. Updated the Wholehome Discs via the web interface to the latest 1.02.04 build 10 firmware.

3. Allowed then all (x4) to reboot etc, then turned them all for c 2 mins - then turned just the master one on 1st.

4. Reinstalled the updated IOS app on my iPhone.

5. Using the iPhone App then went through the auto process of renaming the Discs, nothing else needed to be changed/input.

So at long last delighted to report all back to normal with the addition of the IOS App also working........Got there in the end. Hopefully BT will learn from this as underneath it all the mesh product is pretty damm good.

0 Ratings
deejays
Beginner
Message 46 of 47

Kudos to Dan-0. Came across this post when researching why my IOS app wasn’t working. Cold boot fixed it.

0 Ratings
Anthony64
Message 47 of 47

Hi Simon. 

Thanks for your input with this thread. 

I was having the same problems. 

I'd missed the step of plugging each disc into the router before distribution.  

I then followed your steps and all seems to be working well. 👍

Thanks again. 

0 Ratings