cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickTaplin
Beginner
Message 21 of 47

Re: I can't use the Whole Home App

HI @Dan-O, yeah, it's the same thing.  Before you get to the screen where you name the disc, you have to connect to the wifi so there is no way to get to that bit without connecting first

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 22 of 47

@NickTaplin wrote:

HI @Dan-O, yeah, it's the same thing.  Before you get to the screen where you name the disc, you have to connect to the wifi so there is no way to get to that bit without connecting first

Sorry - I mean if you completely close the app, turn Wi-Fi off, then launch the app and get the You're not connected screen, then turn Wi-Fi on while on this screen - when it refreshes, does it show "Get Started" at the bottom or does it load into another screen?

Are your discs currently in the state where you've got them all plugged in and changed some settings on the web interface (e.g. network name/password)?

Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
NickTaplin
Beginner
Message 23 of 47

@Dan-O if you turn on the app without the wifi connected it doesn't give you a 'you're not connected' screen, it just says 'get started'.  It assumes that the wifi is off when the app is launched.

In answer to your second question yes, they are on and the SSID and password have been changed to ones of my choice.

Thanks

Nick

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 24 of 47

@NickTaplin wrote:

@Dan-O if you turn on the app without the wifi connected it doesn't give you a 'you're not connected' screen, it just says 'get started'.  It assumes that the wifi is off when the app is launched.

In answer to your second question yes, they are on and the SSID and password have been changed to ones of my choice.

Thanks

Nick

Thanks Nick.

When I say Wi-Fi off I mean actually disabled in the phone rather than on but not connected - there is a different behaviour in the app for each. It was just something to try and get you working while we're investigating.

I will keep you up to date.

Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
NickTaplin
Beginner
Message 25 of 47

Ah, right.  No, I'm afraid the results are the same there as well.  The App initially says I'm not connected and to enable wifi before coming back to the app but when I do that it still starts from the 'Get Started' screen.  

0 Ratings
Dbaplaya
Contributor
Message 26 of 47

Back from Argos....Unboxed and deleted app from phone.  Setup again and all so good until I get to naming the hub.  Press 'Lounge' then enter admin password but straight away it says "too many atempts.  Please Wait 7 minutes and try adain"  I think they mean again? Whoever made the app in china obviously didnt translate that too well.

Ok so il try another disc, deleted the app again and tried my neighbours samsung S6 which has never had this app or been on my network.  EXACTLY THE SAME THING! JESUS! this time wait 27 mintutes.  

3rd time lucky, 3rd disc on my Wifes Google Nexus tablet.  All ok, but it wants to update the firmware straight away.  But I get the error "Update failed please check your internet and open the app again".  If I go onto google I can connect to a webpage though. 

Im now lost to why this is so **bleep**.  Is it my talktalk router causing all this?  I might add that before I started on the setup of this 2nd set I factory restored the Talktalk.

BT get your act together this is shocking.  Both sets are going back to the shop and Il be buying the Google Wifi device.  It CANT be any worse than this!  I dont think BT have had any involvment in the development of this, it must be just a rebadged Huawei.

0 Ratings
Speedway59
Beginner
Message 27 of 47

I've also had this issue since 29/12 the app shows disc 1 and 3 in red with no connection and disc 2 blue with 4 connections,   

Although there are more than 4 connections working in the home.

As @Howell the app and web interface are next to useless but the system has touchwood never given me any issues and works just as expected and required. Did try one reset which changed nothing so I think I will leave the working system alone until BT get some fix arranged because reading between the lines they appear to be well aware of the issue.

0 Ratings
gnattycole
Contributor
Message 28 of 47

0 Ratings
gnattycole
Contributor
Message 29 of 47

The app won't open on my phone any more. Galaxy S7edge. Anyone having the same issue? Was working fine before Christmas last year.
0 Ratings
Howellsw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 47

Sorry to hear people are still having problems.

We use Apple products to access/control our 4 x Whole Home Discs. At the start, I lost all access to my system but as I posted, following an update to v1.02.03 build03 my system has now been running impeccably for the past 39 days.

I can’t help with a fix but I am sure it will be OS related and when you eventually get them working, the speed and coverage will be worthwhile so persevere if you can.

My IOS is 11.2.5 and I mainly use an iPhone X
0 Ratings