Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trapdoor
Expert
Message 31 of 47

Re: I can't use the Whole Home App

@Howellsw wrote:
At the start, I lost all access to my system but as I posted, following an update to v1.02.03 build03 my system has now been running impeccably for the past 39 days.

So did I .... until I had cause to reboot the master disc. Now I suffer the same fate as everyone else which is that the app no longer connects to the management interface, and the web interface is borked.

Just hope you don’t need to reboot the master disc before the firmware fix is out.... whenever that will be.

0 Ratings
Howellsw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 47

Thanks for the Heads Up - in that case. I won’t be touching it any time soon!
0 Ratings
NickTaplin
Beginner
Message 33 of 47

From my perspective I would say that what they need to do is to modify the App so that when you start it up it asks if you want to connect to an already live mesh or set a new one up.  I don't really want to touch mine now because I don't want to make the situation worse, but I would very much like an app that works

0 Ratings
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 47

@NickTaplin wrote:

From my perspective I would say that what they need to do is to modify the App so that when you start it up it asks if you want to connect to an already live mesh or set a new one up.  I don't really want to touch mine now because I don't want to make the situation worse, but I would very much like an app that works

As we are the originators of this thread, your above comment would be the perfect logical fix to this ongoing problem with the app..... 

0 Ratings
stephenmuk
Message 35 of 47

Ok same problem here App says no connection - trued all the above - finally I did the following :

1. Test ALL discs
2. Turn off all discs
3. Turn on one disc but DO NOT plug into router
4. Wait until disc reboots the light turns RED
5. Connect to your phone to the disc wifi
0 Ratings
stephenmuk
Message 36 of 47

6. Fire up app on phone
7. Bingo it allowed be connect the disc without the error
8. Then I plugged Disc into internet and started adddinf other discs as per on screen instructions.

It worked for me - I didn’t retry the steps as I don’t want to risk breaking the thing again !!!
0 Ratings
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 47

Just seen that there is a new BT Whole Home App on the IOS platform...........has anyone tried it out yet to see if it has fixed all the issues we started experiencing just after Xmas with the last update.

0 Ratings
Howellsw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 47

I have not seen a new App but there is a firmware update v1.02.04 build 10 which I have installed. Annoyingly, three of my 4 Discs updated without problem but the 4th is now off-line. So annoying - I wish I had not done the update. Ridiculous lack of testing by BT to push this rubbish out! I am now going to have to waste more of my time fixing this.
0 Ratings
Howellsw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 47

By way of update, now found and downloaded the updated App, done the firmware update on my discs and guess what, no access to any of the discs from the App! Couldn’t be more disappointed!

So, if you haven’t downloaded the ‘new’ App and/or done the firmware update, I wouldn’t bother. The new versions seem worse than the old ones. It’s not going to be much longer before I dump this entire load of rubbish in the bin.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 40 of 47

Have you tried rebooting the offline disc?
0 Ratings