Beginner
Message 1 of 9

I cannot connect my wifi extender to my new smart hub 2

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: I cannot connect my wifi extender to my new smart hub 2

What Extender have you, and it it new or reused ?
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

It is a BT Dual Band WIFI Extender 610. It had been connected to my previous hub. I have tried to connect by ethernet cable, I have also  tried by resetting the extender  but have had no success.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

It is a BT Dual Band WIFI Extender 610, I had been connected to my previous hub. I have tried to connect with an ethernet cable, I have also tried by resetting the extender but without success.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

It is possible but it's not recommended.

Presumably BT have also supplied you with a black disc, you can request a maximum of another two and they're a far better solution than a wi-fi extender

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

If you have a laptop or pc on your network look to install the configuration tool. This will give you access to the advance settings.
http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46301/c/7579
Other option is to look in HUB and find the extenders IP address. And enter this in to the browser. You will require the admin password from the back of the Extender.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

The black discs are part of BTs complete WiFi offer, you pay monthly
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Halo comes with a Smarthub2 and one Complete Wi-Fi disc, you can have a maximum of 3 discs at no extra cost

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I just did it. WPS did not seem to work so I followed the instructions to do the connection via the web interface. After the procedure had completed there was no sign of the extender. The hub management page said it was connected!. I kept doing a factory reset and trying again. Although I live in a four bedroomed house the extender was always too close wherever I put it. The breakthrough came when I ran an extension cable out to the front gate and test the signal strength on an app on my phone. It was 99% in the house but dropped to 34% by the front gate and switched to the 2.4 GHz band. I plugged the extender into the extension reel and let it boot. Result 99% on 5GHZ. The extender no longer behaves as per the instuctions - there are no names with ext in front. It simply broadcasts the same SSID as the hub but your device should automatically switch seamlessly to the signal from the extender if its signal is stronger than that from the hub. Hope this helps others

0 Ratings