cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: I need to use a DDNS

In case anyone is wondering what an SDR is.

http://websdr.org/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@licquorice wrote:

Yes, ignore my last post it isn't in the port forwarding section where it used to be.

Fine, I did think it a bit odd.

So did I , that's why I looked a bit further. 😀

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

I am a licensed radio ham. I just bought something called a Kiwi SDR. Kiwi because it was made in New Zealand, SDR stands for software defined radio. Basically, you have a radio that doesn't have any knobs or buttons on the front. You connect to your computer or network and install some software which gives you the interface to control the radio. That's basically it.
I set mine up last night and I've added it to a website called SDR.HU. Obviously, you have to open some ports in order for the public to gain access to the radio which is connected to my network switch. At the moment, the IP address I'm using could well change so that is why I need a dynamic DNS. So does anybody know where I can buy a good dynamic DNS at a reasonable price? I've seen one that cost something like $50 a year, that seems very reasonable. I don't want anything free, I'd rather pay and have something that doesn't suddenly start sending me adverts, or other rubbish.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

@Ironside 

My last renewal from NO-IP was $29.94 for a year.

I host a website on it http://communityhelp.ddns.net/

You can choose different host names.

There are plenty of others, but you need to check with someone who has a Smart Hub 2, to see which ones are built in.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

You can buy your own domain name for around £10 per year and then use a client program to update the DNS - this works best if your router supports the domain provider or if you have a PC that is usually switched on then you can run the program on that.  I use Google Domains and my own pfSense router which supports DDNS for Google Domains - you can also use a program called DDclient to update the DNS record. 

0 Ratings