Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barryto
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

IN DISPAIR with trying to set-up 2 x white discs to my BT router

Go to solution

Hi All, I've just tried to set-up a 2 x white disc system to my home BT WiFi router, unfortunately without success.

I followed the instructions precisely and the first problem I encountered was that the QR code on the first disc did not work. So ended up entering the admin code manually which amazingly worked! Sorry for the sarcasm.

On trying to add the second disc, the admin password cannot be accepted. Have tried re-booting my router, discs and mobile phone several times, but still no success.

I've lost the will to live with trying to set this up and will not waste another minute of time time on this.

So are checking if any of you out there know if I can pay for a BT engineer to visit my home and set this up?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: IN DISPAIR with trying to set-up 2 x white discs to my BT router

Go to solution

I don't think BT offer an installation service for consumer products. but call the help-desk they will help , you could ask for a call back, they are open Sat mornings if you are at work all week.
Help-desk details
By phone: 0808 100 6116
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm
By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

However try this connect the master discs to the HUB using the Ethernet Cable , factory reset it , wait for solid blue LED on the disc.
Then with the master disc still connected, factory reset the other discs one by one. ( With Ethernet cable connected to HUB)
all factory reset, disconnect and follow the App to install.
What Whole Home discs have you, Mini, Whole Home Gen one or Premium?

0 Ratings
barryto
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi inajr02,

Many thanks for your advice which I tried last night, but unfortunately still no joy. I've tried several times re-booting my BT WiFi router and also re-setting the disc's and pairing with an Ethernet cable. Here's the current status.

With both discs powered up in close proximity to our BT WiFi router and an Ethernet cable connected between our router and one disc, the LED status (blue) is good on both discs. So the one disc is taking to the other wirelessly.

But if I disconnect the Ethernet cable the signal is lost after about 10 seconds and the disc LED’s both turn red. So there’s no WiFi connection between my router and either of the discs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Are you aware that One of the Whole Home disc has to be connected to the router using the Ethernet cable at all times as a master ? you can connect the first disc by WiFi 🙂
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Typo Sorry it should say " You Can't connect the first discs by WiFi " Ethernet cable only to the first one .
barryto
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Inajr02,

OMG, no I didn't know that and obviously that's the answer to my problem.

I've just checked the instructions that came with the disc set and can only see one small graphical representation of that. Its not mentioned in the written instructions anywhere.

In my mind because my WiFi router obviously has the capability to communicate via WiFi, I assumed that it would do just that to the first disc. Obviously not and will now need to purchase another disc to achieve what I originally planned.

MANY THANKS for your support.

0 Ratings