cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanS
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Improving Wi-Fi in one part of the house

Our basic set up is Home Hub6 in one of the bedrooms as that's where the master socket is.
A BT Mini Connector that links the Hub to the wall socket and provides the TV downstairs in the lounge via the powerlines and the other BT Mini for the TV box.

The issue we have is, it's an old house with really thick walls and we barely get any Wi-Fi in the dining room or kitchen. So a repeater or extender isn't really an option as far as I can see.
Is there any product in the BT range or aftermarket that is basically a BT Mini Connector that can throw out a Wi-Fi signal via the powerlines?
If it makes any difference the Hub6 is approx 9months old and the Minis are 4months.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Improving Wi-Fi in one part of the house

Hi, have a google of power line WiFi.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Improving Wi-Fi in one part of the house

https://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-wi-fi-home-hotspot-plus-600-kit-084286-BVFB.html

Any device you use cannot be used in conjunctionwith the mini connectors, they would need to be replaced, you can only use 1 master and multiple slave powerline devices.

0 Ratings