Re: Improving WiFi connection

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 31

Go to solution

See what networks there are on the iPad, if the hotspot has been cloned you will only see the Hub network, if it is different you will see it on the iPad.

0 Ratings
donmaico
Contributor
Message 23 of 31

Go to solution

i finally managed to connect the desktop to the Homespot using SSID and password on the back of the Homespot, but I am having a problem changing those details as per your suggestions.The only webpage I could find that puts me through a process is this one   

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26793/~/how-do-i-change-passwords-or-reset-t...

but I have tried three browsers Safari, Firefox and Chrome and none of them recognise the address given ie

http://192.168.0.1/   so I am stuck

0 Ratings
donmaico
Contributor
Message 24 of 31

Go to solution

I think I am getting somewhere now. That address was completely wrong.Having found the right one i found the wireless setup page for the homespot.At least i know it works fine now.For the time being I can use the SSID and password given and keep the desktop connected to the router via ethernet turn the WiFi off on it  but keep it active for my devices, if that works 

0 Ratings
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 31

Go to solution

The document you linked to is for a BT Mobile Hotspot - nothing to do with the extenders you have.  I assume your extenders are assigned an IP address via DHCP so if you go to the HomeHub device list you should be able to find the IP address for the extender.

0 Ratings
donmaico
Contributor
Message 26 of 31

Go to solution

that is exactly how I found it in the end .Before I was using search words as in- "BT home hotspot changing SSID" and I kept getting that mobile hotspot one at the top of the list so i assumed it was the right page

Everything seems fine nowSmiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 31

Go to solution

@brookheatherYes, the OP seems to be just plucking setup guides at random rather than the specific one for his devices.

Glad you got it sorted. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
donmaico
Contributor
Message 28 of 31

Go to solution

indeed random and i would add impetuously but I usually get there in the end usually with the help of others such as your good self, for which I am, indeed, thankful.

Despite having used a computer for some years now I had no idea what SSIDs were or hotspots with their very own SSIDs and passwords.I was thinking in terms of an extending  HomePlug ie which acted as some kind of  WiFi booster for the router.Live and learn I just ordered these two in the hope of further extending the WiFi.I daresay it probably has its own SSID and password as so it would then be a matter of making the alterations you suggested.  

BT Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 500 Hotspot Powerline Adapter Kit - Black

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 31

Go to solution

Bear in mind you can only use one set of adaptors, i.e only one master connected to the router and multiple slaves off that. You can't have 2 sets of 2 adaptors, if that makes sense.

0 Ratings
donmaico
Contributor
Message 30 of 31

Go to solution

Yes, i am assuming the extender with the passthrough is the master and the two others are the slave units.It just means that my original extender is now obsolete

0 Ratings