cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dodds2009
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Internet keeps cutting out when uploading files

When ever i try to upload a video to google drive the internet connection drops out. I have a: BT Smart Hub Manager Firmware version: SG4B1000B540 Is anyone else having the same issues?
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Internet keeps cutting out when uploading files

Welcome to this user forum. @dodds2009 

Do you have an FTTP connection, or just a normal superfast "fibre" connection?

Are you connecting via wireless, or Ethernet?

0 Ratings
dodds2009
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

FTTP connection

I have tried both and they both cause the same drop in connection

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

@dodds2009 wrote:

FTTP connection

I have tried both and they both cause the same drop in connection

Thanks. This issue has been reported before, and a parameter change needs to be made by the hub team to match the data rate.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 5 of 11

Hi @dodds2009 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry you're having this problem.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi @dodds2009  thanks for sending over your details. I called earlier to check a few things with you; sorry I missed you.  I've sent you a PM please can you check and reply to me.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
TFayers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Hi dodds2009, I'm having similar issues with my Business Hub 6 after the firmware update on 19 April. The Hub rebooted when trying to save files to the MS cloud. Also, the Hub would revert to 4G assure, but that would then disconnect after a few minutes. My upload speeds are also very low at the moment, less than 0.5 Mb; it should be around 9.0 Mbs. I have tried turning off and disconnecting the Hub, waiting for a few minutes then turning it back  on. The upload speed improves but then the Hub reboots after a few minutes and I'm back to the low speed. I have reported it as a fault, but after some checks, I was advised to monitor it and get back to them which I am yet to do, but it is very frustrating as uploading a 7 Mb file takes about 5 minutes! I've had the Hub for 5 months and hadn't had any problems up to now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

@TFayers 

As you have 4G Assure then I assume you are a BT Business user, so you will need to post on the BT Business forum.

http://business.forums.bt.com/

The moderators cannot help with BT Business customers.

0 Ratings
TFayers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Thanks, I’ll do that Keith

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi @dodds2009  the hub team have adjusted the settings. Please can you test and let me know if the problem has now been fixed.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings