cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warwick222
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Internet keeps dropping out on BT Whole Home

I recently bought a BT Whole Home Twin to improve the wifi around my house. However, when connected to one of the discs, the internet keeps disconnecting  - at least a couple of times an hour for a couple of mins. Sometimes it will work straight away if I switch the wifi on and off, othertimes I need to leave it a few minutes. This happens on all my devices connected to that disc. They remain connected to the wifi network and just lose the internet connection.

I cannot understand why this is. Both discs have a "good" connection and I don't live in a big house at all. The wireless on my actual BT home hub is switched off; and I have tried optimising the channels as well as seeing if there is a difference using "compatiblity mode" - this does not make any difference. Both discs are also on the latest firmware.

Can anyone offer any solutions to this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet keeps dropping out on BT Whole Home

I have had this issue over the last day, the discs have a 3 day uptime and my kids Prime tabs keep losing the internet for a couple of minutes before it returns again. I have tried the same things as you to no avail.

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

@warwick222wrote:

I cannot understand why this is.

Can anyone offer any solutions to this?

Thanks

Why?

Because you are running the latest firmware. BT have released buggy firmware and broken it.

2 solutions.

1. Wait for BT to fix the firmware (don't hold your breath)

or

2. Return it to the shop and buy something reliable, with some prospect of proper support.

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

@tsr2wrote:

2 solutions.

Maybe there's a third. Some people have suggested that changing the Wifi channel selection from auto to fixed channels may help. I have done this, but it's to early to say if it has improved reliability for me.

0 Ratings