cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillemJ
Message 1 of 5

Iphone xs does not connect to BT Whole Home Wifi

Hi,

I searched this community but couldnt find the answer to my question, sorry if I missed it.

I recently installed BT Fibre broadband with a 5 disc BT Whole Home Wifi. Most of the devices I have are apple, iphones 6, 7 and 8, ipads, macbook pro and imac. Also a Hue bridge with Hue lights, Sonos bridge with devices and some smart TV's. All working very well and the BT WHW solved a lot of the instability I had before with my Virgin router.  Everything is running on the latest versions of their software.

My problem lies in my newly bought iPhone XS. I cannot get this connected properly. When connecting to my wifi, according to the Wi-Fi section in my phone settings it does connect. It shows the proper wifi network with a checkmark in front of it. However, my phone does not show the connection with the wifi but stays on 4G.

There was an update from WHW which I have installed and restarted the network. Deleted my phone again and reconnected the XS. Same result. The problem with this is that the phone seems to be in some in-between status. Some smart devices work (like the HUE) others do not connect (like the Sonos). It also turns out that, when at home, my dataplan usage has increased big time, so clearly I am not using the data over wifi.

Not sure how to solve this. Suggestions are very welcome 🙂

Thanks, Willem

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Iphone xs does not connect to BT Whole Home Wifi

Have you tried the Virgin Media forum, there are quite a few posts.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=...

0 Ratings
WillemJ
Message 3 of 5

Checking your link but I cannot find anything related to the iphone XS in combination with BT Whole Home (and BT fybre broadband, I swithed from Virgin).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@WillemJ wrote:

Checking your link but I cannot find anything related to the iphone XS in combination with BT Whole Home (and BT fybre broadband, I swithed from Virgin).

Sorry, I misread your post, I thought you were using a Virgin Superhub.  I use RSS reader and for some reason I missed the first few lines of your post.

Hopefully on of the BT Device experts can help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

0 Ratings