cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Is it possible to use someone elses "smart hub 2" ?

Go to solution

Hi,
We currently have a "smart hub" (on fibre 2 contract) but an elderly relative, who has just removed broadband, has a fairly new "smart hub 2" (which they never received a return envelope for to return) is it possible for us to just plug in at our address to replace our older smart hub?
(I have seen answers says "yes" to similar question about a "home hub", I'm not sure if the same applies to the "smart hub")
Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is it possible to use someone elses "smart hub 2" ?

Go to solution

yes plug and play - no changes needed

if you have wireless devices connected to existing hub then you can change the new SH2 SSID to that of your existing hub and also wifi password so your wireless devices will connect automatically instead of having to go round all your devices and changing the wireless connection and password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is it possible to use someone elses "smart hub 2" ?

Go to solution

While you can do it, I can't think of any reason why you should do it, unless yours is faulty.

Also note that just because BT haven't supplied return packaging, doesn't mean that they won't demand it's returned under threat of a £50 charge. But if he received it prior to 13th December 2019 he has no obligation to return it.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/how-to-return-and-recycle-your-bt-broadband-hub-and-bt-tv-box-fo