cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 33

Re: Is it safe to give an app my BT hub password?

Go to solution

Ah! Thanks licquorice, the device only works with 2.4Ghz. There doesn’t appear to be any way of selecting it on the hub, do I do it on the internet, I have a BTHub3?  Will selecting 2.4Ghz cause a problem for anything else, or will it just slow everything down.

I sent screenshots showing the problem to UbiBot 20hrs ago, but no reply so far.

Edit: I found this BT site http://192.168.1.254/html/home/a_firstlogin_configuration.html and it says I have to change my password.

EQUIPMENT: BT8500 trio phone, BT line rental, BT broadband, and Safari on an iPad Mini
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 33

Go to solution

Ok, if you still have the very old Hub3 I don't think it has either Smart Setup or 5Ghz wifi capability so neither of those suggestions  will help I'm afraid.

That is the hub login page. I have never had a Hub3 so not sure why it is asking you to change the password, or the value in doing so as a factory reset will revert it to the password printed on the hub anyway so not really a security measure.

Message 23 of 33

Go to solution

Thanks licquorice, I think that I have had enough of it, and if UniBot doesn’t reply, I am going to try to return it and buy something else.

The annoying thing is that the only reason that I want this sensor is because my electric heating supply has failed twice this year, and consequently I want to monitor the temperature to check if the heating is working while I am away!  It’s on a different phase from my normal electricity so that was ok, and there’s no gas in the village so that’s out of the question.

Thanks again for your help, you are a gem.

EQUIPMENT: BT8500 trio phone, BT line rental, BT broadband, and Safari on an iPad Mini
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 33

Am I correct in thinking that I cannot alter the WiFi signal utilised by my BTHub3

Go to solution

I am trying to setup a UbiBot WS1 sensor, and it is saying “Please switch the current network (BTHub3-****) to the Ubibot-xxx WiFi”.  So it appears that the UbiBot is generating it’s own WiFi, which explains why in their description of the item it says “WiFi only, no hub required”.  Consequently, am I correct in thinking that I can’t alter the WiFi signal utilised by my BTHub3?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 33

Re: Am I correct in thinking that I cannot alter the WiFi signal utilised by my BTHub3

Go to solution

I have moved your post onto your original thread to keep everything about the same problem together so that any one trying to help can see the history.

Message 26 of 33

Re: Am I correct in thinking that I cannot alter the WiFi signal utilised by my BTHub3

Go to solution

The HH3 does not utilise a wifi signal, it generates one, and you can not change the one it generates.

Message 27 of 33

Go to solution

As @@gg30340  said in an earlier post, it would appear that the device initially works in ad- hoc mode and you connect directly to that with the app. You then presumably configure the device to use your hub WiFi in normal client mode.

You need to change the WiFi network on your phone to connect to the Ubibot device rather than your hub WiFi initially.

Message 28 of 33

Go to solution

I may be wrong but I think that along with poor instructions there may be some user error here.

You should start again from scratch and read this thread including the review I posted then re-read the instructions for both the app and the device and start again following them closely.

Message 29 of 33

Go to solution

Ok, this is how I think it works.

Because the only interface the device has is WiFi, it initially transmits a WiFi signal that the app needs to connect to. This means that you need to connect the app to that WiFi signal rather than your hub WiFi signal. Once you have established contact with the device, it can be configured to connect to your hub WiFi signal, in order to do so you need to enter the hub SSID and password on the device. Once it has connected to your hub, you can then disconnect your phone from the Ubibot WiFi signal and connect to your hub WiFi again.

Message 30 of 33

Go to solution

Thanks licquorice, after doing the setup for the third time I finally got there.

Note, I overcame the Location Services problem that I mentioned earlier in the thread by turning my hub off and on, I was then able to add Ubibot to Location Services.