cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Is the BT Home Hub 5A still secure?

Hi

According to Which magazine many home routers are insecure. Apparantly the BT Home Hub 5B is secure but I have a 5A hub. My question is whether or not the 5A hub that I have is still secure or not. Do I need an upgrade, and if I do what are the options that don't cost an arm and a leg but have enough functionality? Does Bt have any suitable options?

Regards Steve

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Is the BT Home Hub 5A still secure?

All the BT hubs are secure. If you search the forum this as been covered before.

The test did not include every model of router supplied by the ISPs and in the case of the BT hubs they stated "Several routers from BT, including the Home Hub 3B, 4A and 5B passed all the security tests".   It does not state that they were the only BT routers tested.

If the BT routers that they did test were not secure I would imagine that "Which" would have pointed that out in the same way as they did with other ISPs routers.

BT stated "the vast majority of its customers used its latest modem.

"We want to reassure customers that all our routers are constantly monitored for possible security threats and updated when needed," it said.

"These updates happen automatically so customers have nothing to worry about."

0 Ratings