cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Is the BT Mini Hub the same as BT 11ac Wi-Fi Home Hotspot Plus 1000?

I ordered the BT Mini Hub kit for our upstairs computer as an existing customer for £69.99, but BT have sent me a 11ac Wi-Fi Home Hotspot Plus 1000 pack instead. Does anyone know if these are the same thing bar the colour, the one I've received is white whereas the Mini Hub matches the black Smart Hub design? I called BT and they are sending me a returns envelope and told me they would refund me when they receive it and to reorder the Mini Hub, however it doesnt appear to be listed on the existing customers page anymore and I can only find it at £119.99!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: Is the BT Mini Hub the same as BT 11ac Wi-Fi Home Hotspot Plus 1000?

@saltyseadog Thanks for posting, I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you.  The Mini Hub Kit was discontinued at the end of October 2017. The replacement product is the Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Plus Kit.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply @NeilO but I think that would be odd as the 600 kit looks to be a much lower end product. Are you sure the Mini Hub has been discontinued as it matches the current Smart Hub and is still for sale on the BT Shop?

https://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-mini-hub-kit-086022-C6NY.html?q=mini%20hub

https://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-mini-wi-fi-home-hotspot-600-kit-084288-BVFF.html?q=600%20kit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

@NeilO, you could be right about it being discontinued as I just noticed the stock status is "clearance" although it's still at full price. But I would of thought it would of been replaced with something of an equal or higher spec?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

I would stick with the BT 11ac Wi-Fi Home Hotspot Plus 1000.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Thanks @licquorice, been looking into this a bit more since they sent me the wrong item and I'm wondering if I would be better spending more and going for the BT whole house kit or Ubiquiti unify instead. Possibly overkill for my current needs but maybe better in the long run.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Only you can decide that. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Very true Smiley Happy

0 Ratings