cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Is the BT Whole Home WiFi the best thing since sliced bread?

As per the title.  We have suffered with poor Wifi in parts of our property for years and it didn't matter whose router I was using either e.g. BT Home Hub, Apple Extreme etc.

Well I purchased the two dish BT Whole Home product (I didn't need a third dish) and I have to say I've been blown away by just how good this system is.  No more TV buffering/freezing and no more being knocked off the network everytime someone uses the microwave oven.

It's so good that I have removed a couple of the Homeplugs we were using as I'm finding the Wifi more reliable.  What I have done however is use the Ethernet port on both the dishes.  One dish has of course to be connected to the router anyway, but there's no requirement to connect your other dishes.  However, the dish which was had the most devices connected to it (the one in our lounge) was only showing as a 'good connection' whereas the one connected to the router was showing as excellent.

I decided to connect the other dish by Ethernet in order to use it as the back haul for the data rather then sending that over Wifi too.  As soon as I connected the Ethernet port to an Ethernet switch, which in turn connects to a Homeplug, this dish then starting showing on the app as 'excellent connection' too.  Doing this has made the network very responsive and 'touch wood' very stable and reliable. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Moose73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is the BT Whole Home WiFi the best thing since sliced bread?

Have you updated the firmware?

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 3 of 4

The dishes updated as soon as I switched them on, so yes.
0 Ratings
Breadmaker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

See you in this thread in a few days time then...

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Whole-Home-WiFi-firmware-update-v1-02-04-build10/td-p/1824936...

I loved mine when I first got them. But this latest firmware fiasco has me loathing them at present. 

@Jim-ladwrote:
The dishes updated as soon as I switched them on, so yes.

0 Ratings