cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netdudeuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Issues with BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) WiFi after software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.261 update

Hi

I noticed today when trying to add a device to the WiFi that there was an iOS security warning.

I found that WPA only  was selected on the router and the password was blank .  It was never like this before.  This is very disturbing.

I went to change back to WPA 2 Only  and use the default password.  There was a warning that it was too weak.  Ironic.

So, I have changed the password to a longer one.

I went to add the device to the WiFi again only to find that it was listed as offering the FON service.  I opted out of this when I first got Infinity.

The router shows that it was updated to software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.261 on 18/10/18.  I would imagine that this has got something to do with these issues.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Issues with BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) WiFi after software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.261 update

I would opt out again   http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12958/~/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi%3F

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
netdudeuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Issues with BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) WiFi after software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.261 update

Thanks for the fast reply.

I've already been to do that but still it shows as available.

I've just spoken with someone at BT and she has had a look at the account.

TBH, the WiFi settings change is the more worrying thing.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

a factory reset will show BTWIFI as active again  by opting out or opting in then out it can take a few weeks for hub to change to not active

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings