Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nandrews3
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Issues with BT Whole Home Hub & Nest Thermostat & MacBook Pro

Hi there,

Recently upgraded my flat to the BT Whole Home Mesh system. The flat is only 750 sq/ft but the walls are almost 2 foot thick in some rooms! So, we went for the 3 disc system in order to get strong receptio in each room.

It works great with the Virgin WiFi... speeds up to 150mb/s.

HOWEVER, since switching the system on, my Nest Thermostat now cannot find the Heatlink which is connected to the boiler, nor can it find any WiFi signals. At All! And just one of our MacBook Pro laptops keeps on dropping connectivity, meaning we have to reboot either the computer or the Internet (or both) to finally connect.

has anyone experienced the same issues? Is there a solution? Please help! After dropping £200 on BT Whole Home wifi to fix my internet problems it's only created more issues for some divices. 

Thanks, Neil

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
HaRuH
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Issues with BT Whole Home Hub & Nest Thermostat & MacBook Pro

We have the same set up. 

The Nest system uses it's own wireless network though so as long as you make sure each nest device is connected to the same wifi network it should function perfectly and only ever need the Wifi to piggy back where it's own network isn't strong enough or if it needs to update.

If you have home hub and a Virgin router with wireless network switched on, you'll need to ask them to switch off the wireless network and just plug the home hub in via ethernet. We found we had too many issues having more than one wifi network running with devices flitting between available connections and disconnecting on a whim.

Hope that helps!

0 Ratings
HaRuH
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Neil,

We had the same challenges and have the same devices.

Not sure if you've still got your Virgin Media Wifi active? We asked them to switch ours off and just use the hub, connected it via ethernet and it fixed our teething issues.

The Nest has it's own wireless network so it 'should' only use the wifi to piggy back when it loses connectivity to that ot if it needs to update. We had teething issues with that too, which seem to have settled since we disabled every other wifi option.

I'm no mac expert but i think if you fix the other issues, unless there's a reason your Mac would be disabled from seeing the network it should follow suit!

Hope that helps

Haru

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Nandrews3 Sorry you are having difficulty with the Whole Home Wifi and getting it to connect to some of your devices.

I would recommend that you contact the product help desk. You can call them on: 0808 100 6116 Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.30pm, Sat 9.00am to 2.00pm or drop them an email at: btconnectedhome@bt.com and they will be able to help you.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings