cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craigski
Contributor
Message 11 of 13

Re: LG OLED TV associating with furthest BT Disc

I'm still having issue with this, and have been doing some research, this may help others with similar issues. Here is what I have found so far, according to here:

https://www.metageek.com/training/resources/understanding-rssi.html

Signal strength of wifi (RSSI) needs to be -67 or more for Video, RSSI less than -80 is not good, unusable.

TV was turned on around 18:30, Netflix film started around 21:05, but poor quality, TV on wrong (furthest disc)

Looking at logs the when the TV is turned on it associates with furtherest disc I see, it connects with RSSI -85, so that is unusable:

15.05.2019 18:39:39 [2 4 2] IF[5G]:STA(20:3D:BD:85:D1:8C) had associated successfully,rssi is -85

Then I pause Netflix, block the TV device in the BT Whole Home App for a few seconds:

15.05.2019 21:05:42 [4 4 1] IF[5G]:STA(20:3d:bd:85:d1:8c) blacklisted in MAC filter list

Then I unblock the TV in the App, and it associates with the nearest disc, gets a very good signal strength, and I can watch HD/4K fine:

15.05.2019 21:06:15 [2 4 2] IF[5G]:STA(20:3D:BD:85:D1:8C) had associated successfully,rssi is -42

Is there some way to configure whole home wifi to make the TV 'stick' to closest disc, maybe a hidden SSID for each disc? There is no need for the TV to associate with any other disc, neither the TV or disc is moving, they are both static, so I would like to make the connection static.

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 13

Hi @craigski Some things to check: 1. Confirm the incoming broadband speed at the HUB/Router 2. Confirm the signal strength for each of the discs, to get this open the Whole Home App, click on the disc icon and make a note of the signal strength. 3. What is the make and module of your HUB/Router? 4. is the LG TV using an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi to connect. 5. is the LG drivers and firmware up-to-date 6. If you do a ADSL Speed test from each disc what are you getting. And last thing have you the latest firmware installed on the Whole Home. As to blocking the MAC address on one disc , no sorry that is not possible.
0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 13

Hi craigski (1) "Is there was way to disable the TV mac address on the disc" is no, you can block by discs only by system. (2) LG TV what's the model of the TV please ? (3) Connecting the TV via Wi-Fi 2.4 , Wi-Fi 5 or the Ethernet port ( using a Cable) last thing try power resetting the network , HUB and Whole Home Wi-Fi and then connect the TV as the first device.
0 Ratings