cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Latest BT Smart Hub 2 Firmware Update (19th April) may be causing problems?

Hi,

Just posting to see if I'm right with this.

As of the 19th of this month, there was a new firmware update released for my smart hub 2, and ever since then, 3/4 of the devices using the WiFi have lost internet. They're "connected", but don't actually access the internet. They are my Sony Bravia Smart TV, Xbox One, Sky Q, and one of the smartphones being used regularly (my dad's). What's strange is that the TV can still use the YouTube app, but nothing else works and claims to not have an internet connection.

I got in contact with BT support on the phone on the Friday and they tried helping with a few troubleshooting methods including all the resets but to no avail. It's getting rather frustrating now, I have to say.

Any ideas as to if the firmware update is causing an issue? Or if I'm missing something that I should be doing?

Thanks!

EDIT: I should also add, I had this problem around a year ago (seemingly not with the firmware, but same devices) and when I contacted BT, they sent me a new router and that fixed the issue, but this time around they say that the router is not the issue as they can "See that everything is connected" on the router admin page.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Latest BT Smart Hub 2 Firmware Update (19th April) may be causing problems?

there are other posts  here is just one

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/BT-Smart-Hub-2-Firmware-Upgrade-v0-26-03-01286-BT/m-p...

not everyone has had problems - I had update and knocked of my SKYQ devices but with some effort managed to reconnect and not stable for almost 30 days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Has anyone found out how to remedy this firmware update?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Another post which  clarifies

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/2-4GHZ-and-5GHZ-Bands-BT-Smart-Hub-2/m-p/1907547#M7209

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings