cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Umiamz
Message 1 of 2

Latest Whole Home iOS app doesn't recognise existing setup

Go to solution

I upgraded my iPhone and iPad to the latest version of the Whole Home app yesterday (the one with the new graphics). The new app on the iPad is fine - it immediately finds my discs and pretty much carries on where the old app left off.

However, on my iPhone the new app goes straight to the setup wizard and asks me to choose whether I have the 2, 3 or 4 disc pack. If I follow the instructions it just tells me that it can't detect any discs. The iPhone is definitely connected to the Whole Home network.

I've rebooted the whole WiFi network, rebooted my iPhone, re-installed the Whole Home app and even reset network settings on the iPhone but nothing works. The discs have the latest firmware installed (v1.02.08 build02).

Is there a way round this other than a complete factory reset of the iPhone (which is somewhere I don't really want to go)?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Umiamz
Message 2 of 2

Re: Latest Whole Home iOS app doesn't recognise existing setup

Go to solution

So it appears that this is because the iOS device needs to be in the same IPv4 subnet as the discs. My iPhone wasn't (even thought it was connected to the WiFi) but my iPad was.

0 Ratings