cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Lies or ignorance?

My Hub is refusing to port forward for IPSEC NAT, IKE and ESP so BT sent a replacement.

There is something badly wrong with the replacement - bringing up the hub manager told me that there was no point in proceeding.

Capture1.PNG

So I get on the phone to BT who as usual treat me like a complete idiot. I explain the problem in simple terms, nothing is working in the hub manager, none of the links work and the page hasn't even rendered properly.

I get asked if the hub is connected to the phone line - I reply no, I want to configure it before I connect it.

BT response, you cannot use the hub manager until you connect to the phone line.

I tell her that in 30 or so years of configuring networking equipment I have never come across a unit that cannot be configured offline. I'm told sorry that's how it works, if you don't connect it we can't help you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lies or ignorance?

have you tried a factory reset by pressing recessed button on back and holding for 20/30 secs until lights flash?

Like you I prefer to set my hub preferences before I connect it to the internet - makes life easier

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Hard reset several times!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

then phone 150 and get replacement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

That is exactly what I was trying to do. I'm giving up on this and buying a proper router.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@slogger wrote:

That is exactly what I was trying to do. I'm giving up on this and buying a proper router.

Make sure you buy the correct device, as many people make the mistake of simply buying a router, when they need a modem/router combination.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks. I've owned just about every piece of kit from the original GPO 300 baud modem which was as big a printer, acoustic couplers and BT kit since Highway, they have all been rubbish so it is now time to get something solid.
0 Ratings