Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leeosborne
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Linking 4th disc WholeHome

Go to solution

I’m trying to link my 4th WholeHome disc but it won’t link, everything’s updated and my app is telling me excellent connection but it won’t link up. Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Linking 4th disc WholeHome

Go to solution
Assuming your discs are (White) BT Whole Home Wi-Fi, you should have to follow the add-on a disc process.
If you have already tried this and it failed, but the original set of discs work Ok, then plug in the new additional dis to your hub using the Ethernet cable ( leaving the original setup) then power up and wait for solid blue LED on new discs, then press the factory reset in the back of the new disc.
Then wait for a solid blue LED again, disconnect the new disc from the hub/router and power it down.
Now follow the process:
1. Connect to the Whole home Wi-Fi
2. Check you have latest App version, and open the app
3. Open Settings > Add another disc
4. You should get asked for the Admin password
5. Then follow the app instructions.
Hope this helps
leeosborne
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks I’ve tried everything you’ve said but it goes from flashing blue to solid red.
0 Ratings
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Can you out line the point in the process you are getting Solid RED?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
leeosborne
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I go through the procedure of connecting the disc to the route with the ethernet cable wait for a solid blue light then disconnect. Find a place where I get excellent connection then plug the disc in. At this point I should get a solid blue light once it’s connected but it goes from flash blue to red.

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

If you have factory reset the new disc connected to the existing network / disc and then followed the app.

The Disc should have the following guide.

https://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60721/c/1818

If your new disc led is red after disconnecting firm the hub it's not cloning the original disc set. 

Please try the factory reset connected to the Hub with the original master disc still come Ted and powered up.  

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Sorry a few typos last night : (auto correct and small phone) 😞
If you have factory reset the new disc when connected to the existing network / disc and then followed the app it should work.
The Disc came with the following guide that shows the steps to take after the reset.
https://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60721/c/1818
If your new disc led is then Red, after following the guide above i.e disconnecting from the hub, then it's not cloning the original disc set.
Please try the factory reset again, with it connected to the Hub with the original master disc still connected and powered up.
leeosborne
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Thank you
0 Ratings