I'm getting a little frustrated right now...
About two weeks ago, I lost all connections to broadband via the BT Homespot which had been working perfectly since bought.
Mobiles & ipad can see the connection on wi-fi, but it just drops before connecting & my Sky box insists that I need to connect to broadband (which is connected via Ethernet).
I've tried rebooting the Homespots. rebooting the Homehub 5, tried 'pretending' it's a new set up - all to no avail.
The main Homespot plug is hardwired to the router, but I can't connect to that network when near it. The extension uses the house electricity supply with the Sky box plugged in & everything else wireless.
Today has been another dedicated day to try and resolve the problem. I thought that I may have identified the issue when I looked at the router event log & saw that the LAN socket that the homespot is connected to wasn't 'up' and the last time it was was approximately just before connection was lost. Eventually I saw it was 'up' so went to check...sadly no difference.
I'm not a computer geek, but I'm also not a complete novice, but I have run out of ideas now.
Can anyone make any suggestions as to how I can fix this swearwording thing?
Thanks in advance...
Solved! Go to Solution.
Try resetting the home hub to factory default.
Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.
Thanks for the suggestion but no luck.
I reset hub5 to factory default, but same issue. Everything 'looks' perfect on the homespot but no connection.
I then (again) reset the extender to factory settings while not connected to the router, then replugged in the ethernet. No joy.
I then reset the homespot Which the tv is hardwired into) but no joy.
The only thing that strikes me as strange is that the homespot keeps showing as connected to LAN2 (where the main computer is connected) whereas the homespot is connected to LAN3. I thought that the reset of the router might have corrected that, but it re-appeared in the same LAN port as my PC as it was before the reset. I really do not recall if the devices looked like that when it was all working, but am wondering if it could be the heart of the issue...
A quick update as I cannot amend my original post.
Just to clarify, this morning I reset the hub via the Hub Manager on PC.
For completeness, I physically reset the hub this afternoon, using the reset on the hub itself.
I'm sorry to say, I have the same result.
Sorry for yet another update but more information has come to light.
The homespot still 'shows' that it's working perfectly from the lights.
I have identified one error in my previous assumptions regarding the homespot being on the same LAN connection as the PC - apologies.
My trawling for potential solutions led me to find the BT Device Configuration Tool. I thought that I might find more info etc on it but the Homespot just didn't show on it. I then followed the IP address of the mysterious connection that I had assumed was he homespot (yes I should have done that sooner) to find that the connection that I was seeing was a streamer that I hadn't used in a long time & was not the hotspot. One mystery solved as a red herring.
Back on the problem, on the Devices tab on the Hub Manager, I could see a speed indicated on LAN3 but no device. I swapped ports, checking that the ethernet went off on the homespot and back on when connected. Also took the opportunity to reset the Homespot again. The hub manager is showing a speed 100mb/s but no device on the 'new' port LAN4.
I hope that helps to narrow the problem.