cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaunmpond
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Low-voltage extension?

I've searched the board and there doesn't seem to have been a good answer yet: do we know what the specification of the plug that goes into the back of the Whole Home WiFi disk? I want to place my "base" disk, that's connected to the router, high up on the wall, to improve connectivity to other disks that are lower down (the house is built on a hill, so there's no line-of-sight otherwise). A mains extension isn't suitable, since that's leave the transformer dangling half-way down a wall! I'm looking to put the low-voltage cable and ethernet in trunking, then paint over, so that they're hidden.

Any ideas? Is it this size - 2 Pin DC/DC Power Socket Jack Extension Cable Extension 2 m 5.5mm/2.1mm - **Edited**

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Low-voltage extension?

you need to remove the link to amazon as not permitted on forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shaunmpond
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

I got a PM to tell me that thanks 🙂 I'ts done

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

You could always just cut the low voltage lead and lengthen it by joining in an extra length of cable, that way the plug size doesn't matter.

0 Ratings
shaunmpond
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

I thought about that, but I need to keep everything as neat as poss, as it will be on "display"... 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Ah, thought it might be hidden in conduit/trunking.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 7 of 15

Hi @shaunmpond

How long do you need it to be?

0 Ratings
shaunmpond
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

! only need to add about 1 Metre...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 15

I have extended the power cable on my cctv camera using an extension cable, plenty of them on that well known auction site. Just search on the plug size mine was a 2.5mm
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
shaunmpond
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

I have extension cables for my CCTV camera, but they're not the same size as the BT Whole Home hub... 😞

0 Ratings