cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 21 of 34

Re: Macbook disconnecting from Whole Home wi-fi

Which firmware are you running now? The latest is v1.02.03build03.

Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
timashley
Beginner
Message 22 of 34

That’s the one.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 23 of 34

The discs may take a couple of days to stabilise after a reboot as they adjust to your environment, have you still been having problems?
Device expertDanO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
timashley
Beginner
Message 24 of 34

It updated overnight and was a royal PITA all morning, making really irrational mesh choices so I started moving discs around otherwise had no connectivity in my study. Have had to leave on a ten day trip now so let’s hope it settles while I’m away though I did turn two of the discs off before I left because I didn’t realise that this stabilisation thing was a thing.
0 Ratings
nailah14
Message 25 of 34

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issues and have done so for the past 8 days - so the stabilisation thing doesn't seem to have worked for me.

I'm actually on 1.02.04 build 10 now, with no improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Nailah

0 Ratings
aztectt2000
Message 26 of 34

What worked for me (so far, all fingers crossed) was to go to http://mybtdevice.home/steering.htm and set the AP Steering (first option) to disabled (had to hit save a few times for the settings to hold).  This seems to stop my mac which is in the furthest part of house keep switching between APs and somehow dropping out actual internet connectivity.   

0 Ratings
croft
Beginner
Message 27 of 34

Does anyone know if there is a fix yet for this problem ? I have a 2018 Macbook Pro running High Sierra and a 2012 Macbook Pro running Sierra.  Both are plagued by this problem. We have 25 more non-macbook devices spread over 5 disks that show no problem at all. It's just the Macbook Pros.

I also wonder if the device list will ever be sorted in a firmware update. There are too many duplicated entries and I would just like to see the active devices and those inactive devices which were used within a set period, say last 24 hours.

Please post a fix for the Macbbok problem. It's been around for many months now. It'll be a shame to have to send everything back simply because the BT product Engineers are incompetent.                                                                                                                                                                                 

0 Ratings
croft
Beginner
Message 28 of 34

It seems that disabling one of the steering options for access point or legacy has sorted this. I'll see how it goes. The page seems to be hidden from the main menu though. Try  http://mybtdevice.home/steering.htm 

Just a precaution, if anyone is having trouble with the admin password. When you have disks from more than one pack they will have different default passwords. The relevant password is the one used by the first disk that was installed (the one connected directly to the router). I have five disks so I found this confusing at first.

Oh, and another note for BT. Why purple ? Surely it would have been better to use blue and green rather than purple and blue. The colours are too close in hue.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 29 of 34

Hi @croft, good that you got yourself sorted last week by disabling steering. 

But I now wanted to point your attention to the new disc firmware and App that were made available today. As a bit of a lucky coincidence for you, I think today's release actually addresses both your problems of steering with Mac devices, and also the problem of the device list getting corrupted on the App.

You can now clean up your whole device list and access control settings if they're already corrupted (see the new red button under the device list in the App), and it should stop the list getting corrupted in the future.

Hope this helps.

Device expertBrunoN
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
croft
Beginner
Message 30 of 34

Thanks. Seems to be doing the trick. I've put the steering settings back to default. Will let you know if there are any further problems.

0 Ratings