I'm having the exact same issues and have done so for the past 8 days - so the stabilisation thing doesn't seem to have worked for me.
I'm actually on 1.02.04 build 10 now, with no improvement.
Any other suggestions?
What worked for me (so far, all fingers crossed) was to go to http://mybtdevice.home/steering.htm and set the AP Steering (first option) to disabled (had to hit save a few times for the settings to hold). This seems to stop my mac which is in the furthest part of house keep switching between APs and somehow dropping out actual internet connectivity.
Does anyone know if there is a fix yet for this problem ? I have a 2018 Macbook Pro running High Sierra and a 2012 Macbook Pro running Sierra. Both are plagued by this problem. We have 25 more non-macbook devices spread over 5 disks that show no problem at all. It's just the Macbook Pros.
I also wonder if the device list will ever be sorted in a firmware update. There are too many duplicated entries and I would just like to see the active devices and those inactive devices which were used within a set period, say last 24 hours.
Please post a fix for the Macbbok problem. It's been around for many months now. It'll be a shame to have to send everything back simply because the BT product Engineers are incompetent.
It seems that disabling one of the steering options for access point or legacy has sorted this. I'll see how it goes. The page seems to be hidden from the main menu though. Try http://mybtdevice.home/steering.htm
Just a precaution, if anyone is having trouble with the admin password. When you have disks from more than one pack they will have different default passwords. The relevant password is the one used by the first disk that was installed (the one connected directly to the router). I have five disks so I found this confusing at first.
Oh, and another note for BT. Why purple ? Surely it would have been better to use blue and green rather than purple and blue. The colours are too close in hue.
Hi @croft, good that you got yourself sorted last week by disabling steering.
But I now wanted to point your attention to the new disc firmware and App that were made available today. As a bit of a lucky coincidence for you, I think today's release actually addresses both your problems of steering with Mac devices, and also the problem of the device list getting corrupted on the App.
You can now clean up your whole device list and access control settings if they're already corrupted (see the new red button under the device list in the App), and it should stop the list getting corrupted in the future.
Hope this helps.
Thanks. Seems to be doing the trick. I've put the steering settings back to default. Will let you know if there are any further problems.