cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Main Handset of Cordless Phone Not Charging

I bought a Cordless BT Home Phone for my landline last week - BT Xenon 1500 model. (I know what you are thinking - don't say it i.e. do people still use landlines?). It contains 2 Cordless Phones, with a main phone that has an answering machine and there is an additional handset that came with it. The instruction in the manual was to charge both phones for 24 hours before use, before plugging into the telephone line. After charging the main phone for more than 72 hours, I plugged the phone into the telephone line and the answer machine is working, the additional handset is also fully charged and working but the batterry icon on the main handset is flashing constantly indicating clearly that it hasn't charged at all, so I can't use the main phone or save any contacts into it. I have moved the phone away from the nearest electrical appliance next to it (as per the instruction on the manual) but the main handset is still not charging. I really don't want to take the phone back all the way to the store where I bought it in Central London (too much hassle especially in this unbearably hot weather) especially if it is something that can easily be remedied. Can anyone help with suggestions please? Could the battery in the main handest be faulty or is it the hanset that is faulty? Your suggestions /advice will be gratefully received. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Main Handset of Cordless Phone Not Charging

I bought a Cordless BT Home Phone for my landline last week - BT Xenon 1500 model. (I know what you are thinking - don't say it i.e. do people still use landlines?). It contains 2 Cordless Phones, with a main phone that has an answering machine and there is an additional handset that came with it. The instruction in the manual was to charge both phones for 24 hours before use, before plugging into the telephone line. After charging the main phone for more than 72 hours, I plugged the phone into the telephone line and the answer machine is working, the additional handset is also fully charged and working but the batterry icon on the main handset is flashing constantly indicating clearly that it hasn't charged at all, so I can't use the main phone or save any contacts into it. I have moved the phone away from the nearest electrical appliance next to it (as per the instruction on the manual) but the main handset is still not charging. I really don't want to take the phone back all the way to the store where I bought it in Central London (too much hassle especially in this unbearably hot weather) especially if it is something that can easily be remedied. Can anyone help with suggestions please? Could the battery in the main handest be faulty or is it the hanset that is faulty? Your suggestions /advice will be gratefully received. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Main Handset of Cordless Phone Not Charging

A process of elimination.

Check handset 1 simply by putting the charged batteries into it. If it doesn't spring to life call the helpline 0800 218 2182, though they'll probably just tell you to go back to the retailer for a replacement.

If handset 1 is OK put the uncharged batteries into the other one and see if the answerphone base charges them. If it does, put the problem down to a glitch. If it doesn't, try it with the supplementary charger; if that fails it's a problem with the batteries but if it charges them it points to a problem with the base. You can then call the helpline, with the same likely result as above. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings