cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Make use of spare BT Whole Home Disc

Go to solution

I've just bought a 3 pack system (white, not premium, not Mini) and it's excellent. I don't claim to understand how they work, but they're great. Setup took just minutes.

They are better than I thought because the thing is I find I only actually need two discs and wifi is great throughout my house. So I have one spare. I would like to make use of this spare in my daughter's house.

My question is: If I buy another single disc would I be able to use those 2 discs in her house to give her whole house wifi? Just set it up as a normal 2 disc system - one by her router, the other upstairs?

If it helps, she lives 25 Miles away from me so there would be no clash with my setup. Would I need to do anything special other than a normal 2 disc setup?

I'm grateful for advice from the BT Community.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Make use of spare BT Whole Home Disc

Go to solution

Hi @Hypno  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. This is not something I could find asked before so it would be best if you contact the WHW team and they'll be able to answer this for you.

You can call on 0808 100 6116 (Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm and Sat 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email: btconnectedhome@bt.com and they'll get back to you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Many thanks John, I'll do that. Though any other folk in the community are welcome to comment too with their own thoughts.

I'll report back when I've got a response from the help email. Regards

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I emailed as suggested and I got a quick answer 😊 Here's their reply:

"Yes this should be possible. When you set up the discs the app will ask you what pack size you have. Select 3 pack and set up the disc from the triple pack as the primary. When the app asks do you want to add next disc or finish, select finish. You can then select Settings then Add another disc to add the 2nd disc."

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, @Hypno many thanks for coming back and sharing the solution. 

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings