Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TeeSChap
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Microsoft Edge and BT Hub 6

Go to solution

Microsoft Edge on my Windows 10 laptop does not work with my BT Hub 6 (get a "Hmmm... cannot reach this page" message) - but Edge works when I connect to a hotspot on my phone. Internet Explorer 11 works fine. Edge on another Windows 10 laptop connected to the BT Hub 6 works fine! Will a factory reset on my BT Hub 6 solve the problem (not quite sure what a factory reset does" ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Microsoft Edge and BT Hub 6

Go to solution
TeeSChap
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Just tried that, plus restarted my laptop. Edge still not working. I'll stick with IE 11 if no solution.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@TeeSChapwrote:

Just tried that, plus restarted my laptop. Edge still not working. I'll stick with IE 11 if no solution.

Hi @TeeSChap   If it works on another Windows 10 then clearly it has nothing to do with your Smart Hub. I would start by clearing the browser history and cache on your laptop. There may be something wrong with the security settings on your laptop. Unfortunately when Edge gets corrupted it can be a real struggle to get it working. With a bit of luck a windows update will provide the cure. 

0 Ratings
TeeSChap
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Oddly enough, Edge works on an old BT Hub 3! I'll keep trying, thanks for the tips.

0 Ratings
TeeSChap
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I spotted something on the Microsoft website saying "Reset your Network links" in Settings if you are having trouble with Edge. So I did and Edge now works fine! So that's this one solved.