cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Mini Whole Home Wifi disc disconnecting but only on the slave disc

Recently purchased a 3 disc BT mini whole home wifi pack. I have currently set up 2 of the discs (1 master and 1 slave).

The master is connected to the router (Virgin media hub 3.0) via ethernet cable, and I have set up the second disc directly upstairs (in an 'excellent' location according to the app). The Virgin Media hub is in router mode but I have disabled the 2 and 5 ghz wifi connections. The slave disc has an ethernet cable connection to my desktop PC. Around 5 times a day I get random disconnects from the slave disc, cutting off all internet from my desktop and other devices in my room. This includes both ethernet and wifi connection. However, the disc doesn't seem to restart, the blue light is constantly on, and even the whole home app states that the uptime is ongoing (despite the fact that all of my devices are very clearly offline). Whenever the issue occurs I check the BT Whole Home app as soon as possible, it takes a little while to update but the slave disc shows up as being disconnected (red) after a bit before reconnecting which takes from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. My internet is perfect when it is working, but these random disconnects are very detrimental to my work.

The master disc has had no such issues, with the rest of my family experiencing no such disconnects (they are all on the master disc).

Could anyone shed some light on what the problem may be here?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mini Whole Home Wifi disc disconnecting but only on the slave disc

Hi @BeepBoop, welcome to the forum and, thanks for posting. It would be best for you to contact the WHW product helpdesk.  You can call on 0808 100 6116 (Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm and Sat 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com

cheers

John

0 Ratings