cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DatunWalnut
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Multi-Kit - Using more than two hotspots on one extender

Hi,

I recently purchased a Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Multi-Kit. I linked the extender into my router and cloned the two hotspots successfully. These work well.

As there were certain dead spots in the building, (after reading the FAQs that said I could have up to 8 hotspots), I purchased another multi kit. I'm just using the two hotspots and not the new extender. Hoping to have all four hotspots talking to the original extender. I have also cloned those in to the original system.

What I've found it that the two new extenders knock the two originals ones off when they are powered up. Has anybody any ideas please?

Thanks in advance

DW

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Multi-Kit - Using more than two hotspots on one extender

Did you pair the new ones with the single extender, as they would have been setup with the one that came with it?

0 Ratings
DatunWalnut
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Multi-Kit - Using more than two hotspots on one extender

Yes,

I plugged them in and cloned them to the exisiting extender using the wireless/link button.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Are the two extra ones transmitting their own SSID, or have you tried to clone them to the home hub?

Cloning them is likely to give problems, especially if you have a home hub that has smart wireless, as there are only three channels that they have access to.

If the home hub is using one, and the hotspots are each using a channel, then it may cause issues.

I would start again with one multi kit, resetting them to factory default to start with. Pair them together but do not clone the home hub settings. The hotspot will then radiate its own SSID, and the wireless password will be the one on the card.

Then add one of the other hotspot remote units, resetting it, then pairing it with the master unit connected to the home hub.

The hotspot will then radiate its own SSID, and the wireless password will be the one on the card.

Then repeat the process for the other one.

You will then have three separate SSIDS, one from the home hub, one from the first pair of hotspots, and another from the second pair.

It may be possible to change the wireless channels on these devices so that they are different from each other, and different from the home hub.

0 Ratings
DatunWalnut
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Sounds good, I'll give it a go. Hopefully I can then clone it as I don't want 5 different SSIDs around the house.

Thanks for your advice.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I much prefer to have different SSIDs, I know which I am connecting to then, YMMV. I give them all the same passkey though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DatunWalnut
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

After more investigation I've found that that the original extender works with the original two hotspots and one of the new hotspots. The remaining hotspot will only pair to the extender that came with it and not the extender from the origianl set.

No amount of resetting and linking will make it pair with the the original one. Strange that it will work with the other tho?

I think it's relatively fair to say that I have a duff hotpspot and will arrange to return it.

Unless anyone has any other ideas?

Thanks for your time

DW

0 Ratings