cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Mini discs? Or whole home

Hi, 

I have a challenge with mini discs set up at home. I have 1 disc connected to a smart hub 2 and have 2 discs facing each other 6 metres apart through glass doors across a courtyard between the main house and an outbuilding. The disc in the main house gets good 48mbs performance but the single disc facing it from the outbuilding is 1.5. It’s also intermittent. I’d like to use that building as an office. But performance not working for me.

Is it just that mini discs are not up to this? I.e. I should get the larger whole home set up? Or am I missing something else?

any tips / experiences much appreciated.

p

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mini discs? Or whole home

If the outbuilding is on the same electrical consumer unit as the hub, power line adapters are possibly a better solution

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yes, that would be good, but unfortunately that’s not the case. I was hoping the discs could work. They seemed to talk a good walk, or other mesh solutions, if not it’ll have to be a cat5 wire and a separate router I guess.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If you were able to run a cat 5 cable there you can just connect the disc via Ethernet if that works rather than need a separate router.

Otherwise, the Premium/Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 models both have a higher power dedicated backhaul which will give you better speeds over a longer Wi-Fi link.

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi Dan, yes that's a good first step.  Will do that.

Thanks

P

Tags (1)
0 Ratings