cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
menbead0205
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Minihub No SIM

We have been waiting for better wifi in our house for a while now, and in the meantime we have been given these BT minihub boxes (the ones with the BT logo on the front).  While taking a look around it, I removed the SIM card and put it back in, and now it comes up with the 'invalid sim' message when on the minihub website. Is there any way to get this working again? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Minihub No SIM

@menbead0205 

Probably just a bad connection. Clean the contacts on the SIM card with an alcohol wipe or similar.

I assume it was working fine until you removed the SIM card?

0 Ratings
menbead0205
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe 

Do you mean directly onto the sim card? 

And yeah, the SIM was fine until I removed it from the slot.

0 Ratings
menbead0205
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe 

Alright, I put an alchohol wipe on the contacts, and it still shows up with the red signal bar. Any other ideas for what to do?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Yes, the SIM card normally has gold plated contacts on one side, just like a mobile phone or bank card has. To not use anything abrasive, just wipe it.

They have to make very good contact with the terminals inside, and you may have disturbed that when you removed the SIM.

To avoid damaging the circuity within the SIM, you must always make sur the power is turned off, before inserting or removing the SIM. I am not sure of the internal layout of the device, but most require you to remove the battery to get access to the sim card anyway.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@menbead0205 wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe 

Alright, I put an alchohol wipe on the contacts, and it still shows up with the red signal bar. Any other ideas for what to do?

No really, you may have to ask the helpdesk, as taking the SIM out, may have damaged it. I assume its in the right way around?

0 Ratings
menbead0205
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe 

Yes, the SIM card is in the right way round. But thanks for your help, anyways.

0 Ratings