cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDayley
Message 1 of 3

My BT Home Hub just updated it's firmware today the moment I... (confused)

My BT Home Hub updated it's firmware today (27-Nov-2018) automatically the moment I accessed the Home Hub settings via typing "192.168.1.254" into my browser. Is this normal? The firmware version it updated to is: SG4B1000B540

is it normal for the Hub to automatically upgrade/update it's firmware to the latest version when you access or interact with the Hub settings? I just thought it was strange that it chose to update my firmware today rather than when the firmware upgrade was officially released

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: My BT Home Hub just updated it's firmware today the moment I... (confused)

that appears to be latest firmware for hh6  updates normally happen overnight but can really happen anytime they are phased and all don't happen at the same time  it should not be a problem for you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: My BT Home Hub just updated it's firmware today the moment I... (confused)

Latest Firmweare for HH6A was D038 (from B540) but recently peculiar things are going on and the Firmware has gone back to B540!

At least that is what happened to me yesterday.

0 Ratings