cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

New BT (Extender Plus 1000) mini-hub

Hello,

We have just purchased a new BT Extender Plus 1000 mini-hub unit. It appears to work really well. Both the WiFi and Ethernet connections are okay. I have tested the WiFi connection on an ipad and the Ethernet connection on my PC. What is slightly odd is that the Ethernet blue activity light is not illuminated. As I say, the Ethernet connection is definitely working since I can use my VPN on my PC,  and send this message. Does anyone know why the light isn't coming on -- the Data light is fine?

Best regards,

David

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: New BT (Extender Plus 1000) mini-hub

Hi @scotterdavid

is this the product ? 

lnajr02_0-1589378067458.jpeg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 4

Hi scotterdavid,

Have you tried both Ethernet ports?  is the issue the same on both?

Additionally, is it that the Ethernet light is on, but just not flashing, or does it not light up at all?  The later versions of this Extender has the light lit continually for Ethernet activity, rather than blinking.

If the light isn't lit at all, and this issue occurs on both ports, you can always try a Factory Reset by holding down the Link button for more than 15 seconds until the lights all go out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Hi Inajr02,

Thank you for your reply. It's one of these...

https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/Helpfulaccessories/Wi-FiHomehotspotplus1000kit/index...

Actually, to be precise it's an additional hot-spot unit (the larger unit in the picture/link). I'm using the device as an add-on unit to our existing "Extender/hot-spot 1000 kit" - since the products are compatible.  You can apparently add several hot-spot units and have them served by a single mini-hub (which is, of course, connected to the BT hub) -- not that the house is big enough for several. I have verified that the new unit is talking to the mini-hub (the Data light is on), by the way.

Best regards,

David

0 Ratings