cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: New Firmware on HomeHub6 March 2020

@Dippu don't understand why you opted in then opted out then, if the updated firmware stayed at non active .
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 17

@lifeonmarsbecause the hub started transmitting BTWiFi after the update without me activating it even though in MyBT it showed Not Active. So it is a known fact In this forum that if you Opt in and then Opt out it seems to trigger the hub to Opt out again. 
In my opinion there is a software glitch that opts cutomers in BTWifi without intervention after the firmware updates. This never happened before unless Factory Reset was performed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 17

I can confirm that my BT Smart Hub 2 stayed  showing not active on the update  and does not transmit BT Wi-fi as a hotspot.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

@DippuIn MyBT where did you find where it showed the BTWiFi status?

A couple of years ago I did that in MyBT as the option was there. But now I went in and its not there anymore.

Can you see the option there now?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 17

@Bowdon  Easiest way to get to it is from your Hub Manager home page. Just after BT WiFi Status click on BT WiFi Web Page button. Once logged in it will take you to BT WiFi where you can Opt in and out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Anyone know what’s changed in this update? Only thing I’ve noticed is my Wi-fi locking up more often!  So I’ve dug our my spare HH6

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 17

Can anyone suggest how to request for the latest firmware push to my HH6A please?

0 Ratings