Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 4

New Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released 10th Feb 2020 version SGAB202226

WHWIFI.png

Hi everyone,

We have released new firmware for the Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi.  At a top-level, this firmware has the following improvements and fixes.

• Improvements to the Smart Topology feature
  • Fixed an interop issue with certain standalone DHCP servers
  • Improvements to device steering mechanism
  • Additional network self-healing mechanisms

Upgrade advice:

• After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for a few hours to allow them to settle into their configuration
  • During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning orange and blue and short drops in connection. If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to change its layout or network configuration

If the new firmware is not working as you’d like, try powering off/on all the discs at the socket and allow them to reconnect and settle. If you still need help afterward, come back to us, here on Community, or contact the helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or email btconnectedhome@bt.com so that we understand your issue and help fix it

Cheers

Sean

3 REPLIES 3
freestyle
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released 10th Feb 2020 version SGAB202226

Hi Sean,

Thank you for this update, are you able to confirm AX3700 is enabled on this release?

There appears to be no way for customers to confirm this feature is now activated on their devices.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 4

Re: New Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released 10th Feb 2020 version SGAB202226

Hi @freestyle 

AX3700 has been enabled since the very first launch firmware for Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi.

The connection between discs uses an 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) radio and the connection for client devices is 802.11ac.

The product description (BT Shop: Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi) lists this:

Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi adds a third Wi-Fi radio for "tri-band" which offers a dedicated high power connection between discs that utilises brand new 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) technology to deliver ultrafast speeds around the home.

Hope this helps.

Dan-O

cameron1975me
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

So I purchased the premium 3 disc setup about 3 week ago, had nothing but problems since purchasing.

Returned the 1st set of discs for a new set but still same issues of the discs disconnecting to the master ever 10 hours or so.

The latest firmware has made no difference at all. Both slave discs keep disconnecting (light flashes blue-pink alternately, eventually settling on pink).

I’ve tried factory resetting. Both the discs and my BT (ultrafast) smarthub. 4 times and it makes zero difference.

I’m very disappointed with the reliability. Expected better with the premium discs. 

Any news as to what the issue is?

0 Ratings