Maintenance Release FR2 will be made available on the firmware server on Monday 20th April 2020 for Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi – version number SGAB203010.
Changes since SGAB202226 (FR1):
Note: This firmware does not fix a known issue causing the primary disc to intermittently become stuck in a red LED state (can be seen when connected to Virgin Hub 3). Keep an eye on the forums for an update about a follow-up firmware update in the coming weeks.
Standard upgrade advice:
If the new firmware is not working as you’d like, try powering off/on all the discs at the socket and allow them to reconnect and settle. If you still need help afterward, come back to us, here on Community, or contact the helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we understand your issue and help fix it.
Thanks for your updated feedback - yes the ability to enable/disable steering for specific devices will be available in a future release, which is why you can't change the setting in the web interface right now.
We've got a great roadmap of new features for this product as it's the Premium offering in the range. Unfortunately we can't provide any details right now but there are lots of enhancements planned that will give you even more control over your network.
We've been completely focused on making sure each and every customer has the best experience with the product firstly and today's update is part of that effort. Keep an eye out for details of a further update in the next few weeks.
It sound like a positive roadmap for this product is in place which is good news.
With this update, does the topology still require the second and additional discs to be downstream of the first when connected with ethernet backhaul?
Great news, really appreciate the regular updates; these discs are great when they work but the reliability isn't there yet. They'll be great when get there.
You have a major issue with how you're rolling out essential firmware updates though. They appear as a pop up that cannot be skipped or delayed in any way. This is a problem because at the time I was restarting the network and one of the discs couldn't reconnect. I was being told not to start the update until the lights showed blue or orange but all my access to the app had been suspended so the disc was irrevocably stuck on flashing blue even after restarting it. I couldn't risk bricking the disc so I eventually decided to turn it off for the duration of the update. I just had to hope that after the rest of the network was running, I could turn it back on and it would connect and get updated, which thankfully it did.
In short, please do not roll out updates in a way that prevents the user from using the app until they complete the update. There may be a valid reason that they need to defer it, such as getting their discs connected in good working order first.
Hi, I have updated tonight (with all discs on blue) but now can’t get one disc to connect..
I assume I need to do a factory reset and start again?