cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveS1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

New Returns Bag Received after equipment already returned.

This posting relates to my father - a BT broadband customer, whereas I am not (think ex-municipal phone company)

During Lockdown my father received an email notifying him of change required to his home hub - "due to fibre" - one assumes FTTC. The new hub duly arrived.

The home hubs were swapped on the 7th of July (no issues), and I picked up the old one and its PSU, wrapped them, put them into the green returns bag and attached the barcode as requested.

The following day (8th July) I used my local post office to return the device and obtained a proof of posting. Job Done - I thought.

However, this week my father received another green return bag for the unused device to be returned. No other communication has been received about what appears to be failure of BT receiving the one posted.

Does anyone know of a contact e-mail address/process within BT whereby I/we can ascertain what has happened within the returns process, providing a copy of the proof of posting to aid any investigation.

I don't believe there should be any liability as he has been a customer since 2011 and all changes to his service - including the proposed change to FTTC have all been BT initiated.

However, for our peace of mind, it would be useful to confirm this with BT and, hopefully, help them locate the missing router.

Many Thanks for reading,

Dave

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Returns Bag Received after equipment already returned.

Any hub supplied before December 2019 belongs to the customer and doesn't have to be returned. BT are obliged to offer to recycle old hubs by regulations. Just ignore the returns bag.

0 Ratings
DaveS1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: New Returns Bag Received after equipment already returned.

Thanks for that liquorice.

At least that side of it is clear.

It would have been nice to try and identify what had happened  to the device and, perhaps recover it,  but I can't seem to find an appropriate email address to forward the proof of posting with it's details.

Then again, it could cost them more money to try and investigate the issue than the router is worth to them.

Once again, thanks,

Dave

0 Ratings