cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 24

New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware – Early adopter release 18-02-19 (version 1.02.08 build02)

Hi everybody,

It’s almost that time again where we’re planning new firmware for your Whole Home Wi-Fi discs, but this time we’re doing something a bit different.

We’re making it available to early adopters first, prior to the full public release. This new early adopter firmware has already been trialled and tested, but we also wanted to give anyone interested the option to join an early adopter phase and try it prior to the full launch.  

We’re also introducing a rollback feature, so you can revert back to the previous release (v1.02.06 build12), should you want to do so.

What’s new?  This new version v1.02.08 build02 further improves the overall performance of your Whole Home Wi-Fi network:

• Updated system Wi-Fi driver
  • System stability enhancements
  • Fixed an issue where some devices could be incorrectly prevented from accessing the Internet
  • Improvement to prevent some devices wrongly showing “incorrect password” message when connecting to Wi-Fi

How to become an early adopter and upgrade to the latest firmware?

Important – Before beginning, please check your discs are running the latest firmware v1.02.06 build12

1. Enter http://mybtdevice.home in a browser on any device connected to your Whole Home Wi-Fi
  2. Enter the Admin password (on the back of the master disc, unless you’ve changed this password)
  3. Click System and then click the Firmware Update tab and go to the bottom of the page
  4. In the Early Adopter section change the status to Enabled and click Save
  5. Then at the top of the page, click Check to search for the new early adopter firmware and click Upgrade when this is available. 

Upgrade advice:

• After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for two days to allow them to settle into their configuration
  • During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning amber and blue and short drops in connection. If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to tamper with its layout or network configuration

If the new firmware is not working as you’d like, try powering off/on all of the discs at the socket and allow them to reconnect and settle. If you still need help afterwards, come back to us on this forum, or contact the helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or email btconnectedhome@bt.com so that we understand your issue and help fix it

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
23 REPLIES 23
palmakan
Beginner
Message 2 of 24

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware – Early adopter release 18-02-19 (version 1.02.08 build02)

I updated to this yesterday morning. The update was simple and effortless.

So far everything is working exactly as it was. It did 'drop out' once yesterday evening, but a reboot of the router brought the Internet back. I will monitor this for any further drop outs.

Since then all is working absolutely perfectly.

I have 26 devices connected, some 2.4Ghz and some 5Ghz. All migrated and connected fine. No issues there either.

Thank you.
0 Ratings
kitenski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware – Early adopter release 18-02-19 (version 1.02.08 build02)

I tried this a few days ago. Last night I noticed 2 of my discs have red lights on them. Powering off/on has not fixed them. Going to have to reconnect them via Ethernet, reset and add them as new.

Screenshot_20190224_090044_com.bt.wholehomewifi.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

@kitenski sorry about that, can you post back to let me know if that works? We'll be able to highlight this to the whole home wifi team if there are any issues after you reset them.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
PinkSquirrel
Contributor
Message 5 of 24

I have a 3-disk system and I upgraded to the version 1.02.08 build02 firmware 2 days ago. The upgrade went smoothly and seemed quicker than previously. Everything has stayed connected since, no problems so far. The signal strength of the 2 disks connected by wifi has improved too for some reason. Also this is the first time I've seen all devices connected to the 'best' disk.  They have gradually been moved around since the upgrade. 

Is there any other information you'd find useful?

0 Ratings
absolute40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 24

Will the rollback feature still work once this release is out of the early adopter phase?

0 Ratings
Gdotp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 24

I updated last night. All looks fine no issues I can see.

I can’t see a rollback feature however.

0 Ratings
StefanMc
Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Where is the rollback feature at? I can’t see it anywhere.
0 Ratings
hubster999
Beginner
Message 9 of 24

Since this update my 5 discs have stopped daisy chaining. They are spread over 3 floors and used to daisy chain to a device on the next floor. However, now every disc connects to the wired disc..... despite it sometimes being considerably further away. That said all discs are blue, implying signal strength has improved.....as without daisy chaining a couple used to be yellow.
0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Just upgraded here and so far so good. To roll back you need to disable the early adopter setting and then do a check for updates it will show you the older version to apply.