cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrhop
Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware – Early adopter release 18-02-19 (version 1.02.08 build02)

Actually noticed that my 3rd disc now won’t daisy chain off the middle disc and now has much worse signs, strength than before and devices don’t seem to want to connect to it.

Also disabling early adopter setting and check for updates doesn’t allow you to actually apply the old stable update. Admins please confirm the rollback process ASAP please! @NeilO  

0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware – Early adopter release 18-02-19 (version 1.02.08 build02)

This is what I get when I disable early adopter and check for updates, unable to apply the previous update.

bt.PNG

0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 13 of 24

Moderators/experts, any update on the rollback process please? @Dan-O  @NeilO  @RobbieMac 

0 Ratings
BrunoN
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 14 of 24

Hi @jrhop , I know the team is preparing a brief for the rollback instructions. Bear with us.

In the meantime, please make sure you've let your discs properly settle for a couple of days with the early adopter build without interfering with your discs.

During this time you may see the kind of issue you're seeing now whilst the system optimises itself. See the advice at the top of this thread.

0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Thanks @BrunoN hopefully this shared very soon, so I can go back to a proper working system.

0 Ratings
BrunoN
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 16 of 24

Your first post indicates you only upgraded yesterday afternoon. Give it until tomorrow afternoon and don't interfere with it in the meantime.

You also say that some of your devices don't connect to it as before. This might be perfectly normal as your system settles and may actually end-up in a better configuration than before with the new firmware. Do these devices still work okay even if they connect to another disc? If so, don't worry.

I'm not trying to stop you rolling back but please give it a chance 🙂

0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Happy to wait a bit longer, however on previous firmware I have done reset and this settle period only takes a few hours and eventually switches to daisy chain mode. The current topology isn’t as good as the daisy chain, the 3rd disc is showing not good signal, whereas when daisy chaining before all discs were showing excellent. Although not the be all and end all but speed tests were much faster and more reliable than they are now in this configuration.

As others have also posted saying daisy chain is not working for them, it looks like there is an issue with this firmware. Happy to try this firmware, but only reason I did was because it stated there was a rollback feature. We could really do with this rollback process so we can go back to stable wireless.

0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 18 of 24

OK figured it out, just type in http://mybtdevice.home/rollback.htm after logging in the normal admin page. Then click Check and Rollback. Message comes up about you have to do a factory reset after, however all my settings were preserved but I did a reset anyway. All back to normal now.

Screenshot 2019-02-27 at 20.33.06.png

kitenski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

I had to reset one disc by reconnecting to the router and resetting it. That disc then worked. Just powering off and on the other one sorted that one out.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 20 of 24

Hi All,

I'd like to add some more information to this.

Rollback

If you’re not happy with the Early Adopter release and before considering rolling back, first make sure you’ve followed the usual advice and left your discs for two days with the early adopter release to allow them to settle into their configuration:

• During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning amber and blue and short drops in connection. If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to tamper with its layout or network configuration

If you decide to carry-on with rollback:

• At the end of the rollback process, we strongly recommend you factory reset all your discs afterwards and go through the set-up again using the App. This is important to make sure all settings are fully reset and to avoid any configuration issues that could remain from using the early adopter firmware. 

Follow these instructions below to rollback Firmware to V1.02.06 build12:

1. Enter http://mybtdevice.home in a browser on any device connected to your Whole Home Wi-Fi
  2. Enter the Admin password (on the back of the master disc, unless you’ve changed this password)
  3. Enter http://mybtdevice.home/rollback.htm in the browser to open the Firmware Rollback section and click Check
  4. The screen will show both current and rollback versions.  Then click Rollback

Factory Reset

Once the Rollback has completed successfully, please factory reset all your discs to default settings by using the pin hole on the back of each disc as follows:

1. First, make sure the discs are switched on
  2. On each disc press the Reset button (on the rear of the disc) for one second. Wait a couple of minutes to reboot
  3. If everything’s OK, the LED will turn purple, flashing blue and then solid blue
  4. Please see the disc’s LED settings card on the rear of the disc for default factory settings, as your network name and admin password will revert back to what is shown on the back of the discs and note that early adopter firmware will revert back to “disabled”
  5. Please make sure you disable automatic firmware update when prompted by the App during the reinstall, or immediately afterwards, to make sure your discs don’t automatically upgrade again (as “Update Automatically” is the default firmware setting after a factory reset)

Once you’ve completed the above Factory Reset, please leave your discs for a couple of days to settle (as per the advice at the top of this post).

If you still need help afterwards, come back to us on this forum, or contact the helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or email btconnectedhome@bt.com so that we understand your issue and help fix it.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings