cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 88

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released today (version 1.02.06 Build 12)

Great...hope it stays sorted for you as imo, this version of the firmware has been the most stable yet.

0 Ratings
pjbain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 88

Is anyone that has upgraded to this version able to use ethernet as their backhaul? My discs are now finally all back up and working after a lot of messing about but they will only connect to one another via wifi. I used to have this issue a few firmwares back but it had been fine in the last couple of releases.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 43 of 88

@pjbainwrote:

Is anyone that has upgraded to this version able to use ethernet as their backhaul? My discs are now finally all back up and working after a lot of messing about but they will only connect to one another via wifi. I used to have this issue a few firmwares back but it had been fine in the last couple of releases.

Nothing in new firmware that would stop this from working. Ethernet backhaul is still very much supported.

You could switch all your discs off, connect them back the way they were before, then switch them back on one by one (starting with the discs connected to your router). Then let them settle for a few days. If you see short drops, don't be tempted to restart them or take too much notice of what's connected where; just let them settle, then review after a few days.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Community ModeratorBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 44 of 88

@drcarrerawrote:

I also have the problem of disk 3 not connecting - it started a few days ago having previously worked well since installation.  I tried various things but couldn't get it to work for more than a few minutes. Then I checked the log files and saw a firmware update had been done overnight before the day I started having problems! 

This is so annoying - why oh why is there not a rollback option?! Looks like I may need to return these and get a Netgear Orbi instaed !

(Advice below also applies to @Welshdoc and the printer problems)

In our experience, this is almost certainly nothing to do with the firmware version itself, but simply the fact that your Whole Home system has been disturbed by the process of going through the update and needs to settle again.

The best advice if anyone is getting reliability issues is to switch all your discs off, then switch them back on 1 by 1 starting with the disc connected to your router (and waiting for its light to become solid blue before going to the other ones). Then let it settle for a couple of days. If you see short drops during that time, don't be tempted to restart the discs or change settings as that would simply disturb the network again. Just let it settle. (Of course if drops are long for several hours, then there's another problem and you should contact helpdesk).

If only some of your devices have problems (eg a printer or a TV, or a specific phone, etc), the other advice is to reboot those devices (power cycle at the wall if necessary; just going to stand-by usually isn't enough). I know that in my case I had an internet radio that wasn't working after an update. I tried everything and couldn't resolve it, until I power cycled the radio, and it worked straight away again.

Hope this helps.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
RunXD
Beginner
Message 45 of 88

@Welshdocwrote:

Very long ethernet cable now going from SHub to printer, can now printer anywhere in the house from any WH disc, like I could before.

Now got a new problem, not sure if this is related to the new firmware, but, in two years of owning this Sony tv, the built in chromecast has now disappeared from my other devices.

Can't win.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who sees this behaviour regarding chromecast. Yesterday evening I noticed that I could no longer cast to my Sony TV and assumed the problem was the TV. But now I'm thinking that the BT WH wifi is the culprit as I recently updated to build 12 also.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 46 of 88

Hi @RunXD, same advice as my advice above applies to Chromecast too. Have you tried restarting it - proper power cycle; not just stand-by. For the people who've reported these one-off issues, this has almost always solved it.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 88

I’ve done a hard reset to the telly and stopped and restarted the googlecast app in the setting. No joy.
The only other thought I’ve just had is that the telly and desktop Mac are both on Ethernet (well it was until I stole the cable for the printer). Will have a look once I’m home from the gym to see if Chrome / YouTube can see the telly without having to worry the WH discs!
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 88

So no official reply to my question about roll back being implemented
0 Ratings
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 88

So regarding casting to inbuilt Chromecast in the Sony TV.

TV is connected via ethernet.

Laptop - wifi to WH disc (ironically placed right next to the said tv and sharing the same ehternet switch) - can't see the telly on Chrome.

Desktop - wifi direct to router (given cable is now in the printer) - all works as it should.

Both computers (Macs) running same OS with Chrome updated to latest version on both.

Also can't see the TV from iOS devices (again using WH).

So this is certainly a new problem with Whole Home I'm afraid.

I am pleased to say that Airplay (1 and 2) and Apple TV are all working flawlessly!

0 Ratings
RunXD
Beginner
Message 50 of 88

Definitely something odd going on. My TV is connected via ethernet cable.

iPhone connected to the disc with a wired connection back to the router can cast to the TV. When it's connected to the second WH disc the phone can't cast to the TV.

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen on build 11

0 Ratings