cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bogtastic
Message 61 of 88

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released today (version 1.02.06 Build 12)

I'm intrigued by the hubs "settling".  What does this mean?  And why does it take several days?  I can only think that there is some sort of optimisation of signal path after the systems are rebooted but I am surprised that this would take days...

0 Ratings
jm51roe
Beginner
Message 62 of 88

My firmware is version: v1.02.04 build10 

When I check for update on web gui - message "You already have the latest version of firmware." is displayed.

Any advice on how to resolve this issue? In order to get version 1.02.06 Build 12.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 63 of 88

@jm51roewrote:

My firmware is version: v1.02.04 build10 

When I check for update on web gui - message "You already have the latest version of firmware." is displayed.

Any advice on how to resolve this issue? In order to get version 1.02.06 Build 12.

Weird one. What do you see if you do the same update check on the App rather than the Web GUI?

Other than this - to rule out some sort of internet problem blocking connection to the update server - I assume everything else is working fine, is that right?

Final thought: have you checked that ALL your discs are on the same older firmware. (Just to rule out that only one of them has upgraded and is the one being reported as being on latest firmware.)

Let us know.

Community ModeratorBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
jm51roe
Beginner
Message 64 of 88

Current version across all 3 discs is: v1.02.04 build10

App shows "There was a problem completing firmware update. Please try again in a few minutes".

Update automatically is enabled between 3:00 and 7:00.

Everything else is now working correctly apart from firmware update.
0 Ratings
Puddinggow
Beginner
Message 65 of 88

Like the previous poster, I have the same problem. I purchased the triple pack just 3 days ago and it was smooth setup and even the App on my iPhone was working. However, soon after, the App would not connect. I installed the app on an android tablet and it showed all discs and connected devices. However, I was unable to get any WiFi connections with any laptops. The app was saying there is WiFi but a problem with your internet connection and I tried everything in the troubleshoot. I tried to update the firmware on numerous attempts from built 10 on the app without success. I called the help desk and was asked to try to update the firmware via mybtdevices.home. Again, failed and still no success after rebooting and factory reset. The support person admitted defeat and suggested I return the discs to John Lewis for an exchange with a fault ref # (not able to test anywhere else). My worry is the same will happen again to the next set of discs. I really have taken a long time on this the last few days and am getting very frustrated. Any further suggestions would be appreciated!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 88

I do not have any experience of this system, however I do know there can be issues with all  BT Home hubs, where they "forget" devices.

The cure for this is a factory reset of the home hub, then turning off  "smart setup"

Assuming of course, you are using a BT Home hub.

It worth a try.

0 Ratings
jm51roe
Beginner
Message 67 of 88

I am not using a BT Smart Hub. Discs are simply stuck at this firmware version both app and web gui will not allow upgrade.

If purchased from Amazon via BT. How do I go about exchanging?

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 68 of 88

@jm51roewrote:
Current version across all 3 discs is: v1.02.04 build10

App shows "There was a problem completing firmware update. Please try again in a few minutes".

Update automatically is enabled between 3:00 and 7:00.

Everything else is now working correctly apart from firmware update.

Thanks for response. It could be your router blocking the disc update request. Have you configured any advanced settings on your router, or is it vanilla config from your service provider?

If you have a vanilla config then it must be something else. You could try following @Keith_Beddoe suggestion even if you don't have a Home Hub. At least start with rebooting everything (including your router) rather than a more drastic full reset (including your router). Switch off everything, including your discs, then reboot your router, let it fully reboot and reconnect, then restart your first disc, let it connect, then restart your other discs.

Hope this helps.

Community ModeratorBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 88

I have to say a few weeks in to this latest update, it's been the worst for me.

Still can't see Chromecast/Googlecast on my Sony Android TV despite being hard wired to the router.

The printer doing the opposite, can only be seen if hard wired.

Have also now hard wired my Sonos setup which has solved all problems there too.

For me, it's like the WH is on a differnt layer within my network (despite no subnet changes).

Both discs are using ethernet, hence when trying to cast to the telly, both the WH disc (which I'm connected to on the laptop) and the TV are plugged in to the same switch.

I wonder if the new black discs with Smart Hub have eliminated my problem being more integrated, but I'll be dammed if I'm going ot pay BT more per month that would then make my current tech redundant!

B1998
Contributor
Message 70 of 88

@Welshdocfrom memory there are people on this forum with a similar set-up to yours which is happily working. Or if it wasn't working, they found a solution here. Did you have a look on the other threads for a solution? If not, start a new one and I'm sure lots of people will jump in to help.

0 Ratings