cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 56

New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released 26-11-18 (version 1.02.06 Build 12)

Hi everybody,

It’s that time again.  We're releasing new firmware today for your Whole Home Wi-Fi discs.

What’s new?  This new version v1.02.06 build12, includes the following two improvements:

• Fixes a bug that was causing internet access to drop on Wi-Fi-connected discs under specific conditions (e.g. random drop after shutting down a device connected to a disc by Ethernet cable) 
  • Guest Wi-Fi now works on networks with different DNS/DHCP IP addresses

Upgrade advice:

• The update will happen automatically within the next few weeks if your discs are set to auto-update on the Whole Home App
  • You can also apply it manually through the App.  If the server is busy when you manually update, please be patient and try another time or day
  • After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for two days to allow them to settle into their configuration
  • During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning amber and blue and short drops in connection. If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to tamper with its layout or network configuration
  • If it’s not working as you’d like, try powering off/on all of the discs at the socket and allow them to reconnect and settle. If you still need help afterwards, come back to us on this forum, or contact the helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or email btconnectedhome@bt.com so that we understand your issue and help fix it
Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
55 REPLIES
Yelekreb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 56

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released today (version 1.02.06 Build 12)

Good news and thanks for the update - hopefully this will address the issues with Apple devices dropping out. One minor point - can no lonfer access  http://mybtdevice.home - has this changed? 

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 56

No changes to mybtdevice.home. Reboot your discs if that's not working. Once rebooted, leave them to settle for a couple of days. Everything should still work during that time, but you may see short drops.

BT Device ExpertBruno
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
Yelekreb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 56

That worked - thanks. I still have steering disabled. Shall I give it a couple of days to bed in then try re-enabling?

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 56

Yes, Apple dropouts, especially iPad, has been a perpetual bugbear. Last firmware seemed to improve things but still got a very occasional iPad wobbly when it would just keep connecting and disconnecting every few seconds...all other devices would be fine. 

0 Ratings
Yelekreb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 56

Ok, have re-enabled 'steering' today - will see how the system behaves over next couple of days.

0 Ratings
Breadmaker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 56

Updated mine last night after another day of dropouts. Hope this is going to be a more stable release for me.

However, I still don't have the option to rollback. I thought that this was being implemented into the latest builds?
smiller945
Message 8 of 56

After firmware updat my holwe system is dead. Each disk as the slow blue light flashing. Nothing connects.

Not good!

0 Ratings
palmakan
Beginner
Message 9 of 56

Hi there. I had exactly the same problem. There is definitely a bug. It did not even sync with a hard reset. I tried everything.

Eventually I found a solution. Reset a different disc. Then swap the 'master disc' with the newly reset disc. Once that's done pair the others and it works.

I feel if I reboot the system or switch the master disc off, the same will happen again.

Hope it helps buddy.
0 Ratings
wenklaw
Contributor
Message 10 of 56

@Yelekrebwrote:

Ok, have re-enabled 'steering' today - will see how the system behaves over next couple of days.

How has it gone with steering enabled?  The only device on the old disc firmware that i still had an issue with if legacy steering is enabled was my Netatamo thermostat.  It would lose connection after 2 or 3 days tops and required rebooting to connect again, with legacy steering disabled it stays connected just fine.  

0 Ratings