cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 88

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released today (version 1.02.06 Build 12)

Wow that is strange
Do you see any errors in the logs
0 Ratings
RunXD
Beginner
Message 52 of 88

The log on the second disc (i.e. the one that casting doesn't work on) is full of these messages:

Time Server connected but Server responded with Error(14).

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 88

Hopefully bt can through some light on this for you, would be nice to get an official list of error codes and meanings for help debuging logs.
0 Ratings
RunXD
Beginner
Message 54 of 88

Last night, out of frustration, I factory reset the discs. They are back up and running and casting appears to be working fine on all discs.

Very odd, but working now. I think I'll avoid firmware upgrades from now on.

0 Ratings
drcarrera
Beginner
Message 55 of 88

@RunXDwrote:

The log on the second disc (i.e. the one that casting doesn't work on) is full of these messages:

Time Server connected but Server responded with Error(14).

That's the exact message I was getting on my (largely) non-functioning one as well.  I got it working by resetting all disks in order (but had to remove then add the faulty one first). Mines been OK for a couple of days now so hopefully yours will be the same.

0 Ratings
Gdotp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 88

I’ve been running this release from the day of release across three discs. The system became unresponsive today failing to accept any new connections and not responsive to the App. To recover two discss needed a full power off re_boot. The two discs failing use an Ethernet backhaul , the one that remained on is last in the chain and wireless only.

0 Ratings
raybh
Contributor
Message 57 of 88

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released 26-11-18 (version 1.02.06 Build 12)

can I ask as it has been nearly a month since release is there any issuses with apple products and cloud printing?

0 Ratings
Topchat
Beginner
Message 58 of 88

I’ve been running this release from the day of release on a 2 disc system using Ethernet as the backhaul.  The satellite disc has started to behave strangely in the last few days with the WiFi dropping every few seconds and then returning a few seconds later. I’ve restarted the disc - problem persists. I’ve remove and reinstalled the disc - problem persists. 

Main disc has absolutely no problems. Rest and restarted the complete Whole Home setup and the problem persists. Haven’t tried a factory reset as yet - too many things connected via WiFi and do not want to end up with a useless system. 

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
thesteels
Beginner
Message 59 of 88

Recently purchased a four pack of WholeHome Hub discs.

Having loaded the latest build ie Build 12, all our Apple devices since updating the new firmware keep dropping off the internet. Apparently this was an issue in earlier firmware but has now been reported as being fixed. 

This is pretty astonishing having spent over £200 and nowhere does BT inform potential customers that this maybe a problem for Apple products. Further to that the problem according to BT has apparently "been fixed". 

We can assure all concerned this problem is still very much NOT fixed. Please could someone from BT please advise when this will be corrected.

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 88

Not sure how, or why, BT can warn that there may be issues with certain products. You might as well tell the manufacturer of any WiFi products that they should all put warnings on their products that you might get issues or you might not, because as sure as eggs is eggs, all products have issues at some point with some hardware. FWIW, my Apple products occasionally in the past lost connection, most problematic being an Airport Express. This new firmware has been rock solid for me, and I’m assuming for most people given the lack of complaints. The best advice seems to be to ensure you have steering switched off on your BT WH as Apple products seem not to like it, and ensure your router WiFi is also switched off.

0 Ratings