cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 71 of 88

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released today (version 1.02.06 Build 12)

@Welshdocwrote:

I have to say a few weeks in to this latest update, it's been the worst for me.

Still can't see Chromecast/Googlecast on my Sony Android TV despite being hard wired to the router.

The printer doing the opposite, can only be seen if hard wired.

Have also now hard wired my Sonos setup which has solved all problems there too.

For me, it's like the WH is on a differnt layer within my network (despite no subnet changes).

Both discs are using ethernet, hence when trying to cast to the telly, both the WH disc (which I'm connected to on the laptop) and the TV are plugged in to the same switch.

I wonder if the new black discs with Smart Hub have eliminated my problem being more integrated, but I'll be dammed if I'm going ot pay BT more per month that would then make my current tech redundant!

@Welshdoc The BT Complete WiFi theory is interesting....you could be right that BTWH support will be switched to that given that it seems a very similar product. I might be tempted to take it and a new Smart Hub 2 for the £5 extra a month they want IF they did a buyback deal on my BTWH which cost me £180... perhaps their marketing people could think about that. Having said that, WH works fine for me now so I’d probably be mad to ditch it, better the devil you know.

0 Ratings
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 72 of 88

Rather ironic, how only 10 minutes ago, a marketing email comes from BT promoting / pushing the Complete Wifi package!

Interestingly they value the extra discs at only £30 (if you fail to return if contract terminated early).

I don't understand why the systems aren't compatible, is it whole new hardware? If we had the black system, why couldn't we add a white disc in the same process as adding a black disc. Anyway, sorry for going off topic.

Puddinggow
Beginner
Message 73 of 88

I have a BT smart hub and did a factory reset on the router but the firmware still didn’t update and is saying I have the latest version at build 10. I have exchanged the whole home disc set for a replacement one as I had a fault reference from BT. I haven’t opened the set and if there is such an offer from BT for the package I am wondering if I should just get a refund and try the whole WiFi package?
0 Ratings
Topchat
Beginner
Message 74 of 88

If you have many devices connected to your Whole Home setup then I recommend disabling steering even though BT suggests this is no longer necessary with this firmware release.
My wife’s iPhone 8 Plus now has a stable connection rather than a constant fight to connect to the nearest disc only for steering to switch it to the farthest every few seconds. Peace in our time!
Probably this applies to many Apple devices, and as we have a variety of iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and Airport Express this one action has stopped connection problems.
I’m particularly pleased that our Airport Express devices now have stable connections as they are connected to speaker systems.
Oh, and it did need for a period of settling down until all devices were connected to their closest disc (the one with the strongest signal) - took about 2 days.
0 Ratings
thesteels
Beginner
Message 75 of 88

Could someone tell me exactly where to find "steering" please?  Still having major problems with our Whole Home!

0 Ratings
jamesjhughes
Beginner
Message 76 of 88

Please follow instructions to turn off “All Steering” below:
1. Go to http://mybtdevice.home on a device connected to Whole Home Wi-Fi
2. Log in with the admin password
3. Now go to http://mybtdevice.home/steering.htm which is a system configuration page
4. Set "All Steering" (bottom option) to disabled and press the Save button. Refresh the page and confirm it still shows as disabled.
5. Restart the Whole Home Wi-Fi discs
thesteels
Beginner
Message 77 of 88

Thank you so much!

0 Ratings
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 78 of 88

Having joinded this forum what feels like half was through basic training, could someone please explain the pros and cons of having steering on or off? Just seems there are lots of different steering options and to turn them all off seems either a little drastic or a total waste of implementing these features in to WH in the first place. Thanks.

0 Ratings
gp1954
Beginner
Message 79 of 88

Well I am not happy
My system worked fine until this firmware installed.
Now totally unstable and dropping internet connection constantly.
No answer on BT helpline so having to dismantle everything to get the home working again.
0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 80 of 88

@gp1954wrote:
Well I am not happy
My system worked fine until this firmware installed.
Now totally unstable and dropping internet connection constantly.
No answer on BT helpline so having to dismantle everything to get the home working again.

I’d suggest in your case to factory reset all discs, reboot router, start completely fresh. Make sure you clear network settings on your devices too.

0 Ratings