cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 88

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released today (version 1.02.06 Build 12)

Your correct in what your saying, if the printer is on the same subnet it should be accessible as long as it's not connected on a guest network restricting certain access. If you have router and disks manually set with no channels overlaping you should be fine although sorta defeats the object of having a mesh system, unless you don't have the router ssid and password stored in mobiles etc that move around the property. E.g. just have printes, cameras pc's etc connecting to router Wi-Fi.
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 88

I've not updated to build 12 yet, has the firmware roll back been implemented as promissed?
0 Ratings
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 88

That's exactly what I do, not have the SSID of the router on the mobile devices and just use it for static devices that are close to it.

I'm sure our 90s built house has foil backed plaster boards in the wall!! Or the previous occupants built a farraday cage around the study where the router is (they did work for IBM!!).

0 Ratings
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 88

There's no roll back facility for the firmware still.
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 88

Seems strange that sometime ago BT stated they had listened to their customers and would implement this firmware roll back feature, however that's now 2 firmware releases since that statement and it's still not implemented. It would be nice to get some feedback on if this is still going ahead and why it's not been implemented as yet?
0 Ratings
drcarrera
Beginner
Message 36 of 88

I also have the problem of disk 3 not connecting - it started a few days ago having previously worked well since installation.  I tried various things but couldn't get it to work for more than a few minutes. Then I checked the log files and saw a firmware update had been done overnight before the day I started having problems! 

This is so annoying - why oh why is there not a rollback option?! Looks like I may need to return these and get a Netgear Orbi instaed !

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 88

Still hard to believe there are people who don’t switch off firmware auto update, especially once they have a working firmware

0 Ratings
drcarrera
Beginner
Message 38 of 88

@mikew88wrote:

Still hard to believe there are people who don’t switch off firmware auto update, especially once they have a working firmware

That's a rather arrogant comment! A lot of users of these devices will have little IT expertise - they are designed, after all, to be plug and play.  Personally, although I did tweek some settings on initial install I didn't actually notice the auto-update option so didn't turn it off - it's hardly well documneted is it! 

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 88

@drcarrerawrote:

@mikew88wrote:

That's a rather arrogant comment! A lot of users of these devices will have little IT expertise - they are designed, after all, to be plug and play.  Personally, although I did tweek some settings on initial install I didn't actually notice the auto-update option so didn't turn it off - it's hardly well documneted is it! 

And yet you know enough to know about this forum where there has been so much information and advice provided on firmware updates and how to avoid auto updating,  and the lack of a rollback option....which doesnt surprise me as most people buying new tech usually do some research. You know  how to access the log files too, and you’ve done enough research to know about Orbi...  have you tried a complete disc reset which is always worth doing after a new update, and doing a network reset for all devices?

0 Ratings
drcarrera
Beginner
Message 40 of 88

@mikew88wrote:

@drcarrerawrote:

@mikew88wrote:

And yet you know enough to know about this forum where there has been so much information and advice provided on firmware updates and how to avoid auto updating,  and the lack of a rollback option....which doesnt surprise me as most people buying new tech usually do some research. You know  how to access the log files too, and you’ve done enough research to know about Orbi...  have you tried a complete disc reset which is always worth doing after a new update, and doing a network reset for all devices?

Yes, I know how to use Google!

But as I say I wasn't really referring to myself anyway but the majority who expect these to be PnP. 

For reference, a reset of all seems have done the trick but only after first removing the offending device then re-adding it. A subsequent power cycle of all three then resulted in the re-added device coming up OK. That was a few hours ago and it's still working so far so fingers crossed ...

0 Ratings